GeForce 9600M GT 512 MB
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi

I used to have the latest Mavericks on my Sony VGN-AW11Z laptop and decided to upgrade to Yosemite today. Having the early reboot problem, I applied the kernel patch as recommended:

http://racerrehabman.wordpress.com/2014/10/18/yosemitehaswell-kernel-patch-for-early-reboot/

But the behaviour is still exactly the same. Please note that I never used to have any such problem while using Mavericks!

Now it seems there's no way back to Mavericks for me anymore as I don't find it's image on App Store, but only Yosemite. I've also put a comment on the blog post above.

Any help is much appreciated.

Babak

Hi

I used to have the latest Mavericks on my Sony VGN-AW11Z laptop and decided to upgrade to Yosemite today. Having the early reboot problem, I applied the kernel patch as recommended:

http://racerrehabman.wordpress.com/2014/10/18/yosemitehaswell-kernel-patch-for-early-reboot/

But the behaviour is still exactly the same. Please note that I never used to have any such problem while using Mavericks!

Now it seems there's no way back to Mavericks for me anymore as I don't find it's image on App Store, but only Yosemite. I've also put a comment on the blog post above.

Any help is much appreciated.

Babak

Try to determine where the reboot happens. There are a variety of reasons for reboot during boot.

Try to determine where the reboot happens. There are a variety of reasons for reboot during boot.

I'm not able to see the exact last boot message before reboot happens as the screen scrolls too fast.

Do you know where the boot log messages are, so that I could probably boot through the USB (after the early reboot) and go to the corresponding folder beneath /Volumes/my_yosemite_partition?

I'm not able to see the exact last boot message before reboot happens as the screen scrolls too fast.

Two words: Video camera.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-10-27 at 22.58.28.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-10-27 at 22.58.28.jpg
    361.4 KB · Views: 176
The line starting with "Boot Args:" is the last one...

It could be:
- XCPM patch not applied correctly. Check md5 sum.
- you're getting "Local APIC" panic. Try cpus=1
- you don't have DEP enabled in BIOS (DEP == Data Execution Prevention, check)
- something else...

Resolved. It was my fault to boot Yosemite using the Chimera version I had on the hard disk for Mavericks. Installing & using the version 4.0.0 through MultiBeast resolved the early reboot problem of mine. Please note that I did not have to patch the kernel at all.

Though still another question: 1080p display mode doesn't work as it stucks at the login screen (after entering the password) with a looping circle and login doesn't succeed. Removing the 1080p "Graphics Mode" entry inside /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist resolves that freezing effect but I would prefer to have a 1920x1080x32 resolution if somehow possible.

Are you aware of any possible solution for this?

Thanks!

Resolved. It was my fault to boot Yosemite using the Chimera version I had on the hard disk for Mavericks. Installing & using the version 4.0.0 through MultiBeast resolved the early reboot problem of mine. Please note that I did not have to patch the kernel at all.

Though still another question: 1080p display mode doesn't work as it stucks at the login screen (after entering the password) with a looping circle and login doesn't succeed. Removing the 1080p "Graphics Mode" entry inside /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist resolves that freezing effect but I would prefer to have a 1920x1080x32 resolution if somehow possible.

Are you aware of any possible solution for this?

Thanks!

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

System: manufacturer/model
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
System: HP ProBook 4540s
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature (Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

Thanks for the reminder. Hope now it's better.

The only remaining problem I've got is the extreme flickering after booting Yosemite. Attached is my IOReg as well as Boot.plist. Have you maybe got an idea what could be wrong here?

Also a feedback regarding NullEthernet Kext. I've installed & used it with Mavericks in the past without any problem and it indeed resolved my login problems with AppStore. However to make it work on Yosemite I had to remove the following line, then it worked like a charm:

https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Nu...tInjector/NullEthernetInjector-Info.plist#L42

As it used to complain about "syntactic error..." or something on that line.

Thanks!

Attachments

• My MacBook Pro.ioreg
    1.4 MB · Views: 136
  • org.chameleon.Boot.plist
    526 bytes · Views: 146
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back