Contribute
Register

Dying Hackingtosh... Revival aid needed.... Please help... SOS!....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Mac pro 3.1
CPU
i5
Graphics
9500GT
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey supreme beings.

Its been a while since I last dropped into tonymacs forum and I am pleased to see the site is still serving its wonderful purpose to our not so wonderful world... and it still looks fantastic!...

April 2011 I was here seeking help and advice on a speculative Hackintosh build in which I received a whole lot of great advice and input which gratefully contributed towards a successful build - spec in signature. Only thing now is she has fell poorly sick :( ... I have no initial idea as to what the problem could be although she does have a couple of symptoms which could help find a diagnosis.

1. once the power button has been pressed a very rapid beep sounds from the mobo' (sound clip attached)
2. at the same time the mobo led "constantly" shows a dazzling array of colours (red, green & yellow - see image)

Other than those symptoms listed the build does nothing :(
Please see the attachements also.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you all.

Attachments

• Output 1-2.mp3
    305.6 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_1921.jpg
    IMG_1921.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 92
Hey supreme beings.

Its been a while since I last dropped into tonymacs forum and I am pleased to see the site is still serving its wonderful purpose to our not so wonderful world... and it still looks fantastic!...

April 2011 I was here seeking help and advice on a speculative Hackintosh build in which I received a whole lot of great advice and input which gratefully contributed towards a successful build - spec in signature. Only thing now is she has fell poorly sick :( ... I have no initial idea as to what the problem could be although she does have a couple of symptoms which could help find a diagnosis.

1. once the power button has been pressed a very rapid beep sounds from the mobo' (sound clip attached)
2. at the same time the mobo led "constantly" shows a dazzling array of colours (red, green & yellow - see image)

Other than those symptoms listed the build does nothing :(
Please see the attachements also.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you all.

djmickeyc

If this is correct ( diagnosis of the Long Beep Code) it maybe that the VIDEO card has issues - have you tried to reset any of the items like the memory video card etc.

Also if you do not have any GFX output when you turn on ( POST output) this too could be an indication of a GFX issues .

Remove the Video and see if the Beeps go away or change - also when was the last time you had the inside of the Chassis cleaned. Get the Dust Bunnies out.

Other ideas would be to disconect items like remove power cables to media drive and hard drives - symptom change.

As to the Lights - see if the owners manual has information related to what they mean when illuminated. Some Motherboards have Hex displays that show numbers and this can be a help if you can translate the code they show to something in the manual.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back