CPU
intel core i5
Graphics
ati radeon hd 5770
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I have a Dlink DWA 125. I've downloaded the driver from Dlink's site but it's not working. The USB light won't even come on when plugged into the USB.

Anybody know if there's any driver that works?

I'm using the same Wi-Fi adapter with Lion and it works grate! I download the drivers from the official site. There are two different links for mac drivers, but only one of them works, the other one makes System Preferences crash. The one that works is the one that doesn't say "ALPHA" on the file name.
I would recommend you to uninstall the current driver. You have to delete the file "DWA-125WirelessUtility", it's in System, Library, PreferencePanes, but you can simply search for it in Spotlight. Then reinstall and boot with the adapter pluged in.
This driver has two problems: it's 32-bit, so it won't work on Mountain Lion (I already bought it but didn't install it because of this); and you have to manually connect every time you boot. This last problem can be solved with Ralink Airport. I made a post on how to install it. http://www.tonymacx86.com/network/59783-guide-ralink-airport-wi-fi-start-up.html#post383699
But, of course you have to make the adapter first.
Good luck!

It works on Mountain Lion! Big surprise!

Can you guide me what you did? I have D-Link DWA-125 A3 Ralink RT5370 I download driver from ralink but its not working. Idk what to do :( Also i need wireless for my iphone and my roomates laptop.

EDIT: Hah, I found drivers for Mac on installation CD work flawlessly, even connects automatically to any free network at mac start up. I just need to figure out how to share my internet to devices at home.

Could you please share the files you found on the CD?
I've tried EVERYTHING and can't get it to work.
the kext files are there, the pref.pane is there, but whenever i open it, it continues to say there is no device connected.
Thanks (ps I'm using 10.8.1)

Thanks

Screen Shot 2012-09-05 at 12.53.27 AM.jpg

Never mind,
A miracle happened,
I disconnected and reconnected the usb cable, (i had given up and was going to virtualize windows) when the ralink app just popped.

I closed it and opened the preference panel, and created a profile
now it all works as a charm

Thanks everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back