Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Lenovo S340 15IWL
CPU
i5-8265U
Graphics
UHD 620 (630)
Good day all

Wonder if anyone could take a look at an issue I'm having regarding a newly installed DW1830 wifi card in my Precision 7530 laptop?

Whilst initially the wifi came up without an issue, joining any network causes a total lock up or, on the last attempt, shows the wifi card offline and will not come back up.

The card is working perfectly on my Windows 10 partition. I didn't need to install any drivers; just worked OOB.

I note that Mojave should be the same.

I did have some issues with the BT, but by ensuring I USBInjectAll kicked in, the BT was detected on the USB bus (HS10). The extra I had changed to then get the BT to work was to install:

BT3LEContiunityFixup
BrcmPatchRAM2
BrcmFrimewareData

To S/L/E

Whilst I'm still having some issues with the tracking pad (pad works but buttons don't...I2C issue), if it isn't broken, I'm trying hard not to 'fix it' by throwing kexts all over the place.

Seeing this card should work OOB, I must be doing something very wrong here?

Wifi is confirmed as BCM43602 14E4 43BA in DPCIManager

Your help is very much appreciated.

Debug attached along with a sep log Kernel after the last 'crash' and the wifi stopped although this time it didn't lock up.

Thanks

Mo

Attachments

• debug_6493.zip
    2.7 MB · Views: 31
  • WiFi Error.zip
    3 KB · Views: 48
Good day all

Wonder if anyone could take a look at an issue I'm having regarding a newly installed DW1830 wifi card in my Precision 7530 laptop?

Whilst initially the wifi came up without an issue, joining any network causes a total lock up or, on the last attempt, shows the wifi card offline and will not come back up.

The card is working perfectly on my Windows 10 partition. I didn't need to install any drivers; just worked OOB.

I note that Mojave should be the same.

I did have some issues with the BT, but by ensuring I USBInjectAll kicked in, the BT was detected on the USB bus (HS10). The extra I had changed to then get the BT to work was to install:

BT3LEContiunityFixup
BrcmPatchRAM2
BrcmFrimewareData

To S/L/E

Whilst I'm still having some issues with the tracking pad (pad works but buttons don't...I2C issue), if it isn't broken, I'm trying hard not to 'fix it' by throwing kexts all over the place.

Seeing this card should work OOB, I must be doing something very wrong here?

Wifi is confirmed as BCM43602 14E4 43BA in DPCIManager

Your help is very much appreciated.

Debug attached along with a sep log Kernel after the last 'crash' and the wifi stopped although this time it didn't lock up.

Thanks

Mo
your kexts should be installed to /Library/Extensions

also check your kextcache log as you have some issues as well

also you may want to do this:

your kexts should be installed to /Library/Extensions

also check your kextcache log as you have some issues as well

also you may want to do this:

Thanks Feartech, I'll move the S/L/E custom Kexts to /L/E and rebuild the Cache. Is it just me or does Kext Wizard default to S/L/E? :)

Thanks Feartech, I'll move the S/L/E custom Kexts to /L/E and rebuild the Cache. Is it just me or does Kext Wizard default to S/L/E? :)
yes, don't use it

if you need to use a program then use kextbeast

or in terminal:

Code:
sudo cp -R KextName.kext /Library/Extensions

Noted. Will do.

Believe I've ironed out the Kext position. Rebooted and wifi showing SSIDs, BT working fine. Joined a wifi network and OSX locked up after around 30 seconds (network working fine until lock up).

New debug created.

You believe the lack of an SSDT could be an issue here?

Thanks

Mo

Attachments

• debug_7656.zip
    2.6 MB · Views: 42
Noted. Will do.

Believe I've ironed out the Kext position. Rebooted and wifi showing SSIDs, BT working fine. Joined a wifi network and OSX locked up after around 30 seconds (network working fine until lock up).

New debug created.

You believe the lack of an SSDT could be an issue here?

Thanks

Mo
you seem to have forgotten to install VirtualSMC to /L/E

also you shouldn't be using the port limit patch

best to do:

if that looks complicated you could do either of these:

Hakintool:

another usb setup guide:

Thanks for the input Feartech; I'll take a look and also install the SMC kext to /L/E.

Hello. VirtualSMC is now positioned in both EFI Other and /L/E.

I've also followed the guide re Hackintool and have installed the generated USBPorts.Kext to EFI OTHER.

BlueTooth is working nicely, but still the v nasty full freeze lock up when selecting an SSID from the wifi list. The wifi can remain on and it will scan without any issue, but as soon as you select a network, after about 5 - 30 seconds of working wifi, bang, complete lock.

Surely I've not got a lemon card here? Works perfectly in Windows 10. I've seen one or two others with a very similar issue too.

New debug attached.

Thanks Feartech and anyone else who can assist.

Mo

Attachments

• debug_21474.zip
    2.7 MB · Views: 53
Hello. VirtualSMC is now positioned in both EFI Other and /L/E.

I've also followed the guide re Hackintool and have installed the generated USBPorts.Kext to EFI OTHER.

BlueTooth is working nicely, but still the v nasty full freeze lock up when selecting an SSID from the wifi list. The wifi can remain on and it will scan without any issue, but as soon as you select a network, after about 5 - 30 seconds of working wifi, bang, complete lock.

Surely I've not got a lemon card here? Works perfectly in Windows 10. I've seen one or two others with a very similar issue too.

New debug attached.

Thanks Feartech and anyone else who can assist.

Mo
your usbportkext should be installed to /L/E as well :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back