Graphics
GeForce 960 FTW
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
So I've had the HDMI working before on 10.6 with a DVI to HDMI converter. After installing 10.7, I tried rebooting with the converter plugged in. I can see my bios along with my apple boot screen on the screen. But after the boot logo it goes black when I should be abled to type in my password to login.

Any suggestions ? Thanks!

I have a similar problem with 10.6.7. Display only works with VGA cable. HDMI and DVI to HDMI converter both go to a black screen after start up when the desktop should pop up. I've been searching for a fix to this for a while.

Dang is it really that hard to fix this problem ?!

Someone please help. :wave:

Wanted to add that I just FINALLY got DVI working on my build. Successfully updated to 10.6.8 (to allow me to possibly go to Lion in the future), and still only VGA would work for display - nothing else. It just occurred to me though.... I was using the Chameleon bootloader...from July 2011 when I first built this machine. I never figure out why, despite using different kext enabler methods, my DVI would always go black. Using Multibeast and simply clicking repair caches and permissions and the Chimera bootloader and restart. BAM! Full 1080 DVI output!!!! Full Graphics acceleration and all the bells and whistles. I'm a noob, yes, but so glad to have finally figured this out!!!! I was so close to buying a GT 240. Thanks to all the genius folks behind this site!

I now have a fully working hacintosh - a $750 build that is faster than a comparable Mac Pro at $2500 msrp.

Hats off to you computer gurus.

I am not sure these problems are on the Hackintosh side.
When I go cruising for the most comapatible, highly recommended and available video card for a Hackintosh at New Egg I do see PC users whining about this or that card working or not working with various HDTV.

Monitors with problems I have not paid attention to.
Most monitors do not have HDMI.

My TV is 740p yet it displays 1080p when hooked to Hackintosh.
These inputs seem to be designed for video players.
I also suspect they may not follow any standard regarding computer input.
They work for Blu Ray maybe, upscaling etc.
My TV does not like HDMI cable but thrives on dvi-d cable with adapter.
A DVI I cable to adapter would carry VGA signal but HDMI does not support it.
Some configurations particuliarly if video card has hdmi audio become problematical.
I have working audio with monitor then hook up TV and lose audio and probably get
some downgrade in video.

Another interesting thing is this . I have working audio and plug it into RCA stereo in on TV and it doesn't work. If I take the audio and plug it into headphones or speaker it works. This is with Galaxy Gt 430 and another rig with HD3000 and separate audio.
Hack audio works, but TV doesn't.

Hopefully a guru can can demystify this

tinman108 said:
Dang is it really that hard to fix this problem ?!

Someone please help. :wave:

at chameleon screen type pci rootuid=1 and hit enter if works then add to your org.plist :thumbup:

Wanted to add that I just FINALLY got DVI working on my build. Successfully updated to 10.6.8 (to allow me to possibly go to Lion in the future), and still only VGA would work for display - nothing else. It just occurred to me though.... I was using the Chameleon bootloader...from July 2011 when I first built this machine. I never figure out why, despite using different kext enabler methods, my DVI would always go black. Using Multibeast and simply clicking repair caches and permissions and the Chimera bootloader and restart. BAM! Full 1080 DVI output!!!! Full Graphics acceleration and all the bells and whistles. I'm a noob, yes, but so glad to have finally figured this out!!!! I was so close to buying a GT 240. Thanks to all the genius folks behind this site!

I now have a fully working hacintosh - a $750 build that is faster than a comparable Mac Pro at $2500 msrp.

Hats off to you computer gurus.
I have the same issues. Can you please tell me where did you click to repair caches and permission. Thanks in Advance

I have the same issues.
You are necroposting a thread from 2012.
Better to start a new thread of your own.

BTW there are no drivers at all for a RTX 2060.

You are necroposting a thread from 2012.
Better to start a new thread of your own.

BTW there are no drivers at all for a RTX 2060.
Thanks Pilgrim. I am not using RTX 2060. Instead I monitor is connected to motherboard directly. I get this issue after instaling multibeast. As I very new to Hackinthoshing, still researching. But Thank you so much for the reply. Appreciated.

I am not using RTX 2060

Your profile says otherwise :

macjub.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back