i3-8100
Graphics
GT 1030
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Can I install DVD writer in Hackintosh Build With Mac OS Mojave ?
If, Yes then which would be better for Gigabyte Z390 UD MotherBoard and i3-8100 Processor ??

Last edited:
It has been a few years since I have had a drive connected when using macOS on a build. I would assume that it would work, but some folk have had issues with some drives appearing on the desktop or working correctly. If you can attatch the drive to the least priority Sata port - this is generally the highest number - like sata 5 or sata 6. If the UEFI?BIOS allows you to set the sata speed to 3 instead of 6, then this may also assist.

In no particular order I have used Sony, LG, Samsung and Lite-On drives.

Last edited:
I have a Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 5 with 8700k and had no problem adding or using a DVD Writer. It was an old one I pulled from a PC. It works just fine on Mojave. I have not actually burned anything on this Hac yet but my on older Sierra build with a different DVD burner works just fine also.
My suggestion is to find an older PC and pull it out and try it.

I have a Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 5 with 8700k and had no problem adding or using a DVD Writer. It was an old one I pulled from a PC. It works just fine on Mojave. I have not actually burned anything on this Hac yet but my on older Sierra build with a different DVD burner works just fine also.
My suggestion is to find an older PC and pull it out and try it.
Okay. would you suggest any best dvd writer !!

how hackintosh detects any dvd or cd after putting in .....!! i'm facing problems when i put cd in the writer then it doesn;t show any cd or dvd !!
Please help regarding this !!

Look at Finder > Preferences. There is an option to show CD and DVD disks on the desktop that needs to be selected.
Thank You So Much it really Helps mehh !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back