Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
So, I've narrowed this problem down. After boot, all works. The minute I APPLE+K to connect to my network drive, I notice my DVD stops responding to my EJECT button. And when I load Disk Utility, it pinwheels forever. And when I say EJECT stops responding, the large grey eject icon stops showing up. When I try to restart or shut down, Finder always locks up and I have to Relaunch before it will reboot or shut down.

Help!

i have same issue. everything works fine, i burn a dvd using toast 9, 10, and 11 then the eject button stops working.

same if i eject the drive from desktop, or from disk utility.

this was happening in 10.6.8 and now in 10.8.

system config in signature.

Bummer! My CD/DVD drive is a TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-222BB. Would this have anything to do with my problem? The sales dood at Microcenter suggested this optical drive for my Hackintosh. I'm thinking maybe it wasn't a good idea.

def could be. recommended drive is the sony optiarc. unfortunately that's what i have, and i still have this issue.

Well crap LOL. I have other issues I'm trying to attend to as well. My MOTU 828 MKII works great but after boot, it takes my computer about 2 minutes to initialize the firewire port. Even if I unplug the MOTU and have nothing connected to my computer, still 2 minutes to initialize the audio.

Overall, these problems are still better than spending $4,000 on a new MacPro LOL.

Well, I think I've narrowed it down. It isn't the connecting to network drive, it's Time Machine. I just booted my computer up and went to get coffee. As I returned, Time Machine had run and I got an error "Could not back up Lion Recovery to /Volumes..." and "Could not find requested backup type:2 for Volume"

Is something wrong with Time Machine and my install?

I'm not sure if this will work for you but I had the similar symptom of the DVD drive locking up on my Laptop. My DVD drive would work fine when i first boot up, but after awhile would lock up just like you state in your thread. What solved my problem was to go into Energy Saver in System Preferences and uncheck mark "Put hard disks to sleep when possible" on both Battery and Power Adapter. This solved my DVD drive from becoming unresponsive. Hope it works for you....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back