Graphics
nividia
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I am looking to dual boot win7 and mac osx Mountain Lion. What formant should I choose for the mac partition I have already installed win 7.
LINKS ARE VERY HELPFUL!!!!!!!!!!
Just a warning I heard there were problems with kext or something so tell me what to do another post to follow will be helpful.
:beachball:

[TR="class: cms_table_theme"] [TR="bgcolor: #E7E7E7"] [TR="bgcolor: #E7E7E7"] [TR="bgcolor: #E7E7E7"] [TR="bgcolor: #E7E7E7"] [TR="bgcolor: #E7E7E7"] [TR="bgcolor: #E7E7E7"]
Product Name dv7-6163cl
Product Number QD984UA#ABA
Microprocessor 2nd generation Intel Core i7-2670QM Processor 2.20 GHz with Turbo Boost Technology up to 3.10 GHz
Memory 8GB DDR3 SDRAM (2 DIMM)
Memory Max Maximum supported = 16GB
Video Graphics Radeon HD 6770M s
Video Memory itchable graphics
Hard Drive 1000GB dual hard drive (2x500GB 5400RPM)
Multimedia Drive SuperMulti DVD burner
Display 17.3” diagonal High Definition+ BrightView LED Display (1600 x 900)
Network Card 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN
Wireless Connectivity
  • 802.11b/g/n WLAN with WiDi (36)
Sound
  • Beats Audio with the HP Triple Bass Reflex Subwoofer

Search is very helpful too.....

I have a DV7-6163US. My guess is you have nearly the exact same machine. Mine has the 2.0 ghz processor and no Radeon GPU. If you search, you can find a guide I posted to installing Lion on this laptop. I am running Lion 10.7.5 on it, and it is stable and everything works except wifi and sleep, but I could probably enable sleep if I looked into it. I use a USB wifi adapter for wifi. Also, only USB 2.0 works. The two USB 3.0 ports have power, but don't read disks. I think now that Apple has USB 3.0 support, I could probably make it work, but I haven't tried.

As for Mountain Lion, I can't get the laptop to boot the ML Install disk I made with Unibeast. It doesn't like the kernel, I think. I have installed ML on a 4530s and a 4540s with the same USB install disk, so it is not the disk, it is the laptop. Lion is working so well, I hate to spend a lot of time worrying about Mountain Lion.

Anyway, if you find a method for installing ML on this laptop, please post it here. If not, you know that there is a way to install Lion, and at least you will be able to enjoy the Mac experience on you HP.

I am using 2 separate hard drives, by the way. Drive 1 is Mac, Drive 2 is PC. You have to buy a cable to have both drives, at least mine didn't come with it.

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back