Nvidia gtx 460
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello
This is my first post here so nice to meet you all.
I have built a gaming rig but also want mac osx, I have heard of people running mac osx with similar specs.
Specs
i7 2600k cpu
corsair vengeance 1866 ram
asus p8p67 pro motherboard
Evga gtx 460 ssc (I know there are freezing problems with this card but I remember there was a thread on here showing you how to fix it but it was very technical talking about info.plst(I know you get them in iphone apps) so could someone also please guide me through fixing the fermi freezing problem)
wd caviare black 1tb
the rest I don't think matter eg case, fans, psu and fan controller.
My problem is is that I have installed windows already and just wondering do I just partition the drive then pop in multibeast boot disk then restart then eject the disk and replace with retail version of mac osx then install.I just watched a video about del booting and the guy set the drive to load into mac osx but because chameleon boot loader was installed he could go into windows.That's my other query do you install chameleon on mac osx after you've installed it and run the multibeast tool then if you set the drive to use the mac osx partition when you restart do you get chameleon boot loader.Sorry for any grammar mistakes and here is a link for the video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIbqcklnP5o
Any help appreciated.
:)

abaabaabaaba4 said:
Hello
This is my first post here so nice to meet you all.
I have built a gaming rig but also want mac osx, I have heard of people running mac osx with similar specs.
Specs
i7 2600k cpu
corsair vengeance 1866 ram
asus p8p67 pro motherboard
Evga gtx 460 ssc (I know there are freezing problems with this card but I remember there was a thread on here showing you how to fix it but it was very technical talking about info.plst(I know you get them in iphone apps) so could someone also please guide me through fixing the fermi freezing problem)
wd caviare black 1tb
the rest I don't think matter eg case, fans, psu and fan controller.
My problem is is that I have installed windows already and just wondering do I just partition the drive then pop in multibeast boot disk then restart then eject the disk and replace with retail version of mac osx then install.I just watched a video about del booting and the guy set the drive to load into mac osx but because chameleon boot loader was installed he could go into windows.That's my other query do you install chameleon on mac osx after you've installed it and run the multibeast tool then if you set the drive to use the mac osx partition when you restart do you get chameleon boot loader.Sorry for any grammar mistakes and here is a link for the video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIbqcklnP5o
Any help appreciated.
:)
After installing Windows, you will either need a second hard drive for OS X (preferred) or you will have to re-install see viewtopic.php?f=81&t=20872

A separate hd is much easier.

[/quote]
After installing Windows, you will either need a second hard drive for OS X (preferred) or you will have to re-install see viewtopic.php?f=81&t=20872

A separate hd is much easier.[/quote]
Luckily Ive just only installed windows and haven't got much installed.Another concern is I know when you install mac osx you have to use the multibeast tool because if you try and reboot it will fail, so the problem is that with the fermi cards it randomly freeze what about if this happens when I'm using multibeast.Also what is the proper command you can enter in tonymacosx boot disk and what does it do the code is something like PCIeRoot=1.

abaabaabaaba4 said:
Luckily Ive just only installed windows and haven't got much installed.Another concern is I know when you install mac osx you have to use the multibeast tool because if you try and reboot it will fail, so the problem is that with the fermi cards it randomly freeze what about if this happens when I'm using multibeast.Also what is the proper command you can enter in tonymacosx boot disk and what does it do the code is something like PCIeRoot=1.
Since I went ATI, I've never had the fermi problem.
Search user builds for someone with your mobo and a fermi card - bound to be one there somewhere :lol:
Search the other forums for guides also, including the Sandy Bridge forum.

[/quote]
Since I went ATI, I've never had the fermi problem.
Search user builds for someone with your mobo and a fermi card - bound to be one there somewhere :lol:
Search the other forums for guides also, including the Sandy Bridge forum.[/quote]
If you are doing a duel boot could you explain how chameleon works is it on the mac osx partition and do you install it in mac osx.Thanks for all your help

abaabaabaaba4 said:
If you are doing a dual boot could you explain how chameleon works is it on the mac osx partition and do you install it in mac osx.Thanks for all your help
chameleon or chimera is installed on the OS X hard drive.
If you are using 2 drives, one for OS X and one for windows, set the boot order for the OS X hd first to boot in your mobo's BIOS. Chameleon (or chimera) will see both and let you choose which you want to boot (select by hitting the left / right arrow keys to hi-lite the icon of the one you want and hit enter).

Going Bald said:
abaabaabaaba4 said:
If you are doing a dual boot could you explain how chameleon works is it on the mac osx partition and do you install it in mac osx.Thanks for all your help
If you are using 2 drives, one for OS X and one for windows, set the boot order for the OS X hd first to boot in your mobo's BIOS. Chameleon (or chimera) will see both and let you choose which you want to boot (select by hitting the left / right arrow keys to hi-lite the icon of the one you want and hit enter).
relating to your previous post I do trust you but why can we only have a duel boot by installing osx first then partition and install windows and not the other way around?

abaabaabaaba4 said:
Going Bald said:
relating to your previous post I do trust you but why can we only have a duel boot by installing osx first then partition and install windows and not the other way around?
You can install windows first, but you have to format the hard drive GUID for OS X, which requires either an existing OS X machine to connect to or the OS X install disc so you can use disk utility on the install disc to format the hd. Since you already have the OS X install disc in the DVD-DR after formatting the hd, why not go ahead and install it?

Going Bald said:
abaabaabaaba4 said:
[quote="Going Bald":33sd96cc]
You can install windows first, but you have to format the hard drive GUID for OS X, which requires either an existing OS X machine to connect to or the OS X install disc so you can use disk utility on the install disc to format the hd. Since you already have the OS X install disc in the DVD-DR after formatting the hd, why not go ahead and install it?[/quote:33sd96cc]
Thanks that's what I wanted to here that is why I was confused because I remember a while back I tried installing mac osx and I had to format the drive to mac osx extended journaled, I wasn't even using the official disk and still got drive utility so thanks I will try it.

Could you help me a bit further please, I tried partitioning it and installing osx I mucked up the windows partition so just wiped the hard drive so now I'm installing it on a clean hard drive and it still won’t work. Here are the steps I took
1. Insert iBoot
2. Turn on computer
3. When iBoot appears take out the iboot disk and replace with retail mac osx disk.
4. Pressed F5
5. Now here I tried using PCIRootUID=1 -x and what happened was it got to the apple load screen and writing went down the screen then it got stuck on the same words (sorry I can’t get it now I'll try later) it was something beginning with BSD and had 2 ) near the end and I thing at the end it mentioned stack or something. Anyway the screen had a darker window come down if you know what I mean then that line of code would become active going through tons of numbers then another dark window would go down this would keep happening so after 5 or so of these the text was on a black background after a while the computer rebooted.
6. I inserted iboot then replaced with snow leopard retail disk pressed F5 then enter PCIRootUID=1. This time it worked so the problem was safe mode.
7. I selected English then went to disk utility clicked on the main drive that went to 3 partitions, went to erase tab and clicked on the drop down and clicked mac osx extended journaled and entered Snow Leopard for the name then clicked erase then I think something to confirm and it erased it.
8. I clicked on the new Snow leopard drive and (I tried doing the GUID partition table but couldn't find the option anywhere, I presume it was just if you were portioning the drive you would need that) clicked next and agree and (I did click customize but didn't click anything off I probably will next time) it installed.
9. This is when problems start I tried rebooting with iboot and went to Snow leopard and typed PCIRootUID=1 and i gets to the apple loading screen and it gets darker and darker then it asks me to restart and I try -x I try nothing (as in just clicking enter on snow leopard) and nothing (not as in just pressing enter on snow leopard) works.
I have just realized that I didn't follow the instructions at the beginning of the guide.
(If you have greater than 4gb of RAM, remove the extra RAM for a maximum of 4gb. You can put back any extra RAM in after the installation process.
Use only 1 graphics card in the 1st PCIe slot with 1 monitor plugged in.
Remove any hard drives besides the blank drive being used for OS X.
Remove any USB peripherals besides keyboard and mouse.
Remove any PCI cards besides graphics- they may not be Mac compatible.
If using a Gigabyte 1156 board, use the blue Intel SATA ports- not the white Gigabyte SATA ports.
It's best to use an empty hard drive- you will have to partition and format the drive.
Always back up any of your important data.)
The problem is that I've got a TV card and a WiFi card that run on the pci slots and I’ll take them out for installation but can I keep them in for when I use them in windows. I don't mind about the TV card but if the WiFi card doesn't work how do I connect to the internet. Anyway I’ll try tonight so wish me luck. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back