Contribute
Register

Dualboot primarily for After Effects, Premiere Pro (and a little gaming)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Dear clever people.

After browsing the forum for several months I have decided to dive into my first Hackintosh build. So here it goes; So far I have been looking for the following:

THE BOX:
BitFenix Prodigy M

COOLING:
Noctua NF-F12 PWM
Cooler Master Seidon 120V

CORE:
i7 I7-4790K
Crucial Ballistix Tactical 4 x 8 GB
Gigabyte GA-Z97M-D3H (Motherboard)
Samsung 850 EVO MZ-75E250 250 GB
WD Green WD20EZRX 2 TB

WIFI:
TP-Link Archer T8E

I Still need a PSU and a graphics-unit!

PSU - I am considering a quiet option (http://www.bequiet.com/en/) but I don't know how many Watt
GPU - I don't know! Any recommendations for a hardworking edit-station (for premiere pro cc) That also has the power for a solid gaming experience? I've been looking at the Gigabyte GV-N960IXOC-2GD...

Please let me know if you think I am diving into deep (impossible) waters. I do not have any experience yet in building a Hackintosh so please help me de-complicate!

Thanks in advance :)

I have a bit of an older system running those apps, as well as gaming in windows.

I don't know much about your exact parts but if you are very new to this I would recommend following some of the build guides here on the site(if you haven't already).

Make sure to use a PSU calculator with all your parts once you've decided on the GPU, then you can gauge how much you will need. Keep in mind future upgrades like an extra GPU and extra HDDs, if you plan to do that, and get a little bit bigger PSU if required.
http://outervision.com/power-supply-calculator

GPU will be based on what kind of games you want to play, plus your intentions with editing. CUDA is generally helpful with scaling and other things in NLEs.

And lastly, I built my hack 3 or 4 years ago and I'll never go back to any other configuration. It's definitely worth it. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back