Motherboard
Matebook 13 Eu
CPU
i7-8565U
Graphics
UHD 620
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi guys, finally, i've installed osx and Windows in dual boot on my Huawei Matebook 13.
I use same SSD nvme with 2 partition. The procedure i've used is, first installed osx, than windows and changed name of boot file in efi partition to make boots clover instead of window bootloader.

All works fine, exept for the fact that if i install audio driver, then boot in osx, and re boot in windows, audio wont works anymore(no audio device detect) and i have a "x" on the audio icon. The only way to fix is to reinstall audio driver and do some reboots, but when i boot osx and then reboot windows, audio breaks again :banghead:

I have the same issue too on an Intel NUC 8i7 with Clover 5700, Catalina and Windows 10. Windows and Catalina are on 2 separate SSDs. If I only boot windows (no Clover), sound works on Windows. But if I boot Windows EFI from Clover, there is no audio device detected.

Catalina works fine with the audio.

I have tried installing reinstalling drivers on Windows. Even did 2 clean fresh installs ...but it just does not work with Clover.

I have the same issue too on an Intel NUC 8i7 with Clover 5700, Catalina and Windows 10. Windows and Catalina are on 2 separate SSDs. If I only boot windows (no Clover), sound works on Windows. But if I boot Windows EFI from Clover, there is no audio device detected.

Catalina works fine with the audio.

I have tried installing reinstalling drivers on Windows. Even did 2 clean fresh installs ...but it just does not work with Clover.

I had that same problem, boot into Windows without clover = sound, boot with clover = no sound. I had AudioDXE installed in EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI and removing that cleared the issue.

I had that same problem, boot into Windows without clover = sound, boot with clover = no sound. I had AudioDXE installed in EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI and removing that cleared the issue.
Thanks for this. I had the same issue. It's incredible that a normal driver can break audio on windows!

I am having the same problem, but happens the same with or without AudioDXE. Is like the device disappears on WINDOWS. For the rest, in Macos sound works ok. Any ideas?

Cold boot Windows, i.e. don't use the Restart option in macOS, shutdown macOS and then boot in to Windows.

I am using Opencore...

Good Advice! But the problem is when the system ask for a restarting...

Never open windows from Opencore again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back