Contribute
Register

DUAL XEON v3 • El Capitan • System lags / freezes with latest nvidia webdrivers :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did it the same way..

How to figure out, why the system is so unresponsive??

I am not sure if you managed to solve it already. If you install the wrong or older Nvidia web drivers for the particular OSX version, system will not respond well to nvda_drv=1 Try few diff drivers http://www.macvidcards.com/drivers.html gives a full list of drivers released.

Once you install and restart, you try to activate the nvidia driver from the system pref menu and it will ask for root pw and it will automatically change nvda_drv=1

If the driver fits in with ur osx version, it will be active on ur next restart as well. otherwise no. have to try a diff driver

I am not sure if you managed to solve it already. If you install the wrong or older Nvidia web drivers for the particular OSX version, system will not respond well to nvda_drv=1 Try few diff drivers http://www.macvidcards.com/drivers.html gives a full list of drivers released.

Once you install and restart, you try to activate the nvidia driver from the system pref menu and it will ask for root pw and it will automatically change nvda_drv=1

If the driver fits in with ur osx version, it will be active on ur next restart as well. otherwise no. have to try a diff driver

The drivers will only install on the version of OS X they were made for unless you modify the installer.

@dude05

Thank you, I tried both drivers for OS X 10.11.2, but it´s always the same. With nv_disable=1 almost smoothly and with nvda_drv=1 very laggy.. :banghead:

But the audioplayback of my music sequencers is always full of crackling, because they can use only one CPU core.

I think, the reason are the CPUs, but I don´t know, how to localize the problem..

@slim.jim

Do you have an idea, what I can try?

You could try getting a USB/Pcie audio device to solve the audio issue. i had trouble with onboard audio in my X99 and ended up using audio from my blackmagic decklink card.

If you have tried both drivers and not working, you might have to try nd install an older version of El Capitan and see if it helps. also can try dropping ur nvidia card in a different pcie slot(from 1 to 2 or 3) to see if that helps.

The drivers will only install on the version of OS X they were made for unless you modify the installer.

Yes. Somehow I couldn't use the ones i got from the link in tonymacX and had to use a diff one. May be coz my Vanila Yosemite was different build or so.

ohh and sometimes its the PRAM or VRAM or something i read somewhere. So you need to boot with -f or something to flush the cache or something to enable the nvda drivers after installation. I cant recollect exactly what it was. sorry. was a long time ago.

pls find my multibeast settings attached.

Attachments

• clean.zip
    143.2 KB · Views: 56
Yes. Somehow I couldn't use the ones i got from the link in tonymacX and had to use a diff one. May be coz my Vanila Yosemite was different build or so.

Some versions of OS X have multiple build numbers such as 10.10.5. Each security update changes the build number so there is a Nvidia driver specific to each build number. The installer for each only works on the build number it is for. Any other build number will result in an error and the installer will exit.

Using -f will do nothing to get the Nvidia drivers working. If you use the Nvidia driver manager to choose the Web drivers then it adds the flag nvda_drv=1 to your NVRAM. It can sometimes get cleared which will result in a failed boot so it is best to add the flag to your config.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back