Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asrock Z-170
CPU
i5-6600
Graphics
GTX 1070
Hey everyone,

I'm running a i7-6700 on a z170 (asrock extreme4). My original plan was a dual screen setup with MST, but i found out that osx doesn't support mst through dp. I postponed the dual screen setup because in the end the flickering on the hd530 was just annoying. So a few weeks have passed and i saw the flickering fix today, applied it, works perfect! (thx!!) Now i'm back to hooking up the second screen. I thought i'd just connect it through dvi, but i can't seem to make it work. During boot i see the boot process / clover on both displays, till the apple logo (progress bar is somewhere in the middle). Then the dvi screen turns black. My guess is that this happens when the driver loads?

I'm running 10.12.0, smbios 17,1. Graphics should work fine with ig-platform-id 0x19120000 (recognised as HD Graphics 530 1536 MB). The displays have different resolutions, but that should not change anything right? I also have the 4 display patch applied (01030303 -> 01030403).

I'm not really sure where to go form here on. If anyone could point me in the right direction or give me a few debug steps that would be amazing.

Thanks!!

What you're describing is an exact match for the AGDPFix.app to resolve for you: using that SMBIOS, two monitors, 530, all other patches set up. So, try running that AGDPFix.app from the forums, reboot with one monitor on (and the other off), once you hit the desktop, try turning on the second monitor, it should come on. (which monitor is initially on may matter, so if it doesn't work one way, try reversing the monitors)

here's the post, post 1 of this thread: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...-imac-15-or-imac-17-system-definition.183113/

Hey,

thanks for your advice. i can't say that the problem is resolved but its definitely doing something.

I used the agdpfix.app and the second display shows up within the display settings (arrangement), which it didn't do before. But it stays black. I tried it with turning it on after the boot, during the boot, nothing changed. The only thing i've noticed is that the system has some sort of "micro freezes" where the screen freezes for maybe a second. Happens from time to time and one time it crashed completely when i tried to change the arrangement from next to each other -> mirror -> and back. So for now i've reverted back to the original kext since its stable... But if someone has more input on this i'd be glad to reapply the patch and give it a try :) Hope i can get this fixed, thanks already to everyone reading this !!

hey I have got the exact same issue from the above guys. I saw this but i have not tried to apply it yet. https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-workaround-using-intel-hd530-with-dual-monitors.214125/ my original issue is that the dual display is working fine when I have the DVI-d cable hot plugin at the run time system and it displays well on both screens and it recognised the HDMI cable as the first main device. The problem raised when both DVI-d and HDMI cable are attached to the system with the restarts. The DVI-d device is out of signal and the main device is stuck in the dark screen with busy status on the mouse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back