Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Dual Nvidia GTX 950 - High Sierra, odd problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Many thanks again for this information! You've been a great help.

My gut feeling is that I want to find a secondhand 2DisplayPort RX 580 on Ebay... But, as I mentioned on the other thread I'm now questioning how much more time/money I'm really prepared to spend on this machine, if I can't get Logic Pro X to work... I might just write it off (and keep one of my MacBook Air machines on Mojave for 32bit apps... which would be a real pain...).

Hopefully someone who uses Logic Pro X can chime in and say whether the addition of the new discrete graphics card and upgrading to Mojave will help.

I am assuming you are worried that having spent the money on the replacement DGPU that Logic Pro X fails to work in macOS Mojave.

The replacement of the DGPU is all that is stopping you from running macOS Mojave on your Skylake system. All the other components are compatible with the newer OS's.

I don't have access to Logic Pro X (any version) so I can't help in that respect.

Hopefully someone who uses Logic Pro X can chime in and say whether the addition of the new discrete graphics card and upgrading to Mojave will help.

My problem are almost related to some kind of UUID issue, or something as the app termination reason is that the OS can't verify I'm entitled to run the program despite it being download via my Apple account. I have an apple developer account so I have seen these types of error before if I don't have the correct Development certs installed. But I've never seen this error when running an App Store downloaded app!

I am assuming you are worried that having spent the money on the replacement DGPU that Logic Pro X fails to work in macOS Mojave.

The replacement of the DGPU is all that is stopping you from running macOS Mojave on your Skylake system. All the other components are compatible with the newer OS's.

I don't have access to Logic Pro X (any version) so I can't help in that respect.

I worry that when I get an M1 MacMini, then even if I get this machine running nicely on Mojave with a cheap second hand RX580, because it won't run Logic, I'll end up never using it... and I just don't have the space to keep a desktop machine around that I rarely use.

Ok, so I've found I can force a new signature identity on Logic Pro via Xcode, so that's got that working!

And based on your advice I've got a few RX580's on my eBay watchlist, if they keep below the £120 mark I'll get one, then I'll try and haul this machine up to Mojave (fingers crossed with fewer problems).

So, all that remains is to thank you again for your help with this! :thumbup:

You are welcome. Good luck with the eBay auctions.

You are welcome. Good luck with the eBay auctions.
Ok, I’ve just received an RX580 (4Gb version), annoyingly the board has an 8pin power connector and my PSU has 6pin gfx connectors... looking at a schematic it looks like the connectors are compatible where the pins are present and will provide power even if the last two aren’t connected... we shall see...

I’m going to try the board tonight, following this sequence:
Uninstall the Nvidia drivers, power down the machine, swap the boards over, power up, hope for the best. :)

Last edited:
Works great. Clearly this is the card I should have gone with at the start.

Cheers!

-edit- the build is working well, so I’m going to keep it at High Sierra for the time being... Mojave on standby, when my software needs that as a minimum... hopefully by then my need for 32bit software will have diminished.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back