GTX 980
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi everyone,

Sorry for the noob question, i'm new in building computer and i want to start with an hackintosh (to start easy :mrgreen:)
My question is simple but i don't really find answer in the web or here..

So, i first wanted to build a hack with two GTX970 or 980. But i'm asking myself if it's not better to use only one big card as a Titan z or black (or even the future X if i can afford it).

I'll use my hackintosh for After Effect, C4D and Davinci Resolve for the most part, and obviously for games on windows.

thank you in advance for answers!

Hi everyone,

Sorry for the noob question, i'm new in building computer and i want to start with an hackintosh (to start easy :mrgreen:)
My question is simple but i don't really find answer in the web or here..

So, i first wanted to build a hack with two GTX970 or 980. But i'm asking myself if it's not better to use only one big card as a Titan z or black (or even the future X if i can afford it).

I'll use my hackintosh for After Effect, C4D and Davinci Resolve for the most part, and obviously for games on windows.

thank you in advance for answers!

The two cards will not work in SLI mode, if that's what you're thinking of trying to do; Mac OS X doesn't support SLI (or AMD's similar technology), so you'll still have two separate graphics cards. I hope that answer helps.

Thanks for your response!

I think i find here that SLI is not supported in mac OSX, so i'm aware of this, it's just to know if it's possible to work with two cards, if i'll get a real boost. I saw a lot of hackintosh with only one GPU so that's why i'm asking.

So SLI is not supported how does Mac utilize both cards? is it just two separate cards used for monitors or is one just kind of non existent? Im about to upgrade my graphics and want to sli for windows gaming. Would it be beneficial if i have multi monitors

If you use software which can detect and use multiple card, then I guess it will work. That's just how the Mac Pro 2013 works, 2 AMD card detected under Mac OSX (SLI/Crossfire are not supported), one used for display management the other for GPU computing.

OSX will only see your card as individual computing unit, not an aggregate (as under Windows if you activate SLI).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back