Radeon HD 4750
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I am running Lion 10.7.2 using Chimera 1.7 as a bootloader

Mobo: GA-P67A-UD3-B3 ver:1.1 f5 (using easy DSDT)
CPU: Intel i5-2500k
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon HD5670
Ram: 8 gigs

I do have 64bit Kernel and Extensions enabled

This is what it shows in System Information under Graphics/Displays:
ATI Radeon HD 5600 Series:

Chipset Model: ATI Radeon HD 5600 Series
Type: GPU
Bus: PCIe
PCIe Lane Width: x16
VRAM (Total): 1024 MB
Vendor: ATI (0x1002)
Device ID: 0x68d8
Revision ID: 0x0000
Displays:
LM-965WA:
Resolution: 1440 x 900 @ 60 Hz
Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
Display Serial Number: 7703TI008199
Main Display: Yes
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes
Rotation: Supported
VGA Display:
Resolution: 800 x 600 @ 60 Hz
Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes
Rotation: Supported

It appears like dual monitors should be working, and both monitors are mirrored until Chimera (1.7) starts up. Then it goes to only one monitor. I've heard that this should just work out of the box with Lion, any ideas on what I should do, or what worked for you?

So I had some success, of course after screwing around for days I make some progress right after posting about it.

I had tried GraphicsEnabler=No in the past, but dual monitors didn't work. But I tried it again since I had changed several things around. Now it works, but it's only showing my vide ocard as "Graphics ATI Radeon HD 5000 1024 MB" which is a slight step back from when it showed it as a 5600 series. Plus now Skyrim crashes as soon as it starts (running via Cider) this worked previously with GraphicsEnabler=Yes.

Further info found out... The reason it doesn't work right with GraphicsEnabler=Yes is because the personality profile AKA AtiConfig AKA FrameBuffer isn't exactly right, and may need to be patched to work.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index. ... 49642&st=0 has a fairly informative post on how to do this. I'm still trying to see if I really understand it or if I'm just stabbing in the dark. Guess we'll find out when I bust my frame buffer.

optikon said:
Further info found out... The reason it doesn't work right with GraphicsEnabler=Yes is because the personality profile AKA AtiConfig AKA FrameBuffer isn't exactly right, and may need to be patched to work.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index. ... 49642&st=0 has a fairly informative post on how to do this. I'm still trying to see if I really understand it or if I'm just stabbing in the dark. Guess we'll find out when I bust my frame buffer.
i am using HIS HD5670 512MB card. Tried with GE=Yes and all aticonfig's frame buffer but all not working. Some i got blank screen, some screen is flipping :x

are u having issue like this? hope to hear your testing result soon. ;)

Hey,

I did my install and update with just HDMI connected.

Does not work with 2 screens both attached from the beginning.
Does not work with only DVI attached from the beginning.

After installs & updates I plugged in my DVI display and 2 screens works normally from there.

Any updates with this card?!? Have Diamond 5670, works great with GE=No, albeit, not all accelerations working, DVD player crash etc. Read around that the frame buffer needs to be patched and I have done that successfully for a HIS 6450 in another system. My problem is finding the bios for this Diamond card, no luck. BTW, Sys Specs: Asus p5g41t-mlx+, c2d e8400 @ 3.6, 8gb ddr3 @ 1573mhz, Audigy 2, & Lion 10.7.4 via Chimera 1.9.

My Biostar HD5670 10.6.8 works with

GE=Yes
ATIConfig=Eulemur
ATI Ports = 3

Only 2 ports work individually (DVI, VGA), and with acceleration, no problems with DVD, video, or games. (HDMI does not work)
For Dual Monitor (DVI and VGA work at the same time - the only dual monitor set-up tested)

other personalities had varied results, tried Baboon and Zonalis (HDMI works in Zonalis)
but in the end I stuck with Eulemur.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back