i7-12700k
Graphics
RX590
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Installed El Capitan on my Hackintosh and all seems well, except for one small thing.

When I boot up the computer, the login screen is on my right monitor (DVI connector, 24"). Once I log in, the dock is on my right monitor. All the dialogs and notifications are coming up on my right monitor. Full screen games also come up on my right monitor.

If I use the Display control panel to swap the monitors around my mouse doesn't work right - I need to scroll off the left side of the left monitor to get to my right monitor.

How can I set my left monitor (HDMI connector, 32") to be my main monitor?

Video card is an nVidia 660 GTX and I'm using the nVidia drivers.

Unfortunately, if I rearrange them the mouse won't move between the monitors properly - I have to jump off the left side of the screen to get to the right monitor.

I don't get it.

"jump off the left side of the screen to get to the right monitor" is exactly what rearrange would fix, otherwise you never have the problem to begin with.

What exactly did you rearrange?

I don't get it.

"jump off the left side of the screen to get to the right monitor" is exactly what rearrange would fix, otherwise you never have the problem to begin with.

What exactly did you rearrange?
The mouse is working fine... the right monitor is being treated as the "main" monitor. Login screen comes up on the right-side monitor. Full screen apps come up on the right-side monitor. Menu bar comes up on the right-side monitor when I disable separate spaces.

My left monitor is 32" and I want this to be the "main" monitor instead of the 24" right-side monitor.

Also, the mouse does not work properly on the login screen. Login screen comes up on the right monitor and if I go off the right side it pops up on my left monitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back