Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro
CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
RX 570
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Hey guys,

Successful upgrade to HS bar a minor issue and that is that I can't have dual monitors running as I did with Sierra. I can only have one monitor connected at a time. If I connect the second monitor when the first is working fine the first monitor switches to display the second desktop and the second monitor just displays a black screen. When I disconnect the second monitor the first monitor reverts to displaying the main desktop. Hope that makes sense.

It's a weird one.

Prob should have noted that I am using a AMD Radeon 7 Series card with HDMI & DVI connections.

Any ideas?

Hey guys,

Successful upgrade to HS bar a minor issue and that is that I can't have dual monitors running as I did with Sierra. I can only have one monitor connected at a time. If I connect the second monitor when the first is working fine the first monitor switches to display the second desktop and the second monitor just displays a black screen. When I disconnect the second monitor the first monitor reverts to displaying the main desktop. Hope that makes sense.

It's a weird one.

Prob should have noted that I am using a AMD Radeon 7 Series card with HDMI & DVI connections.

Any ideas?

I've narrowed it down to the DVI to HDMI being the issue.

Monitor 1 = Main monitor. Connected via HDMI - HDMI. Displaying Desktop 1
Monitor 2 = Second monitor. Connected via DVI - HDMI.

When Monitor 1 is solely connected everything is fine. When I connect monitor 2 monitor 1 display flips to second desktop and monitor 2 just displays a black screen.

I've narrowed it down to the DVI to HDMI being the issue.

Monitor 1 = Main monitor. Connected via HDMI - HDMI. Displaying Desktop 1
Monitor 2 = Second monitor. Connected via DVI - HDMI.

When Monitor 1 is solely connected everything is fine. When I connect monitor 2 monitor 1 display flips to second desktop and monitor 2 just displays a black screen.

I had exactly the same issue but with a NVidia GTX 970.

I fixed it, is a problem with the windows server configuration you need to delete:

/Library/Preferences/com.apple.windowserver.plist

and IMPORTANT you must delete also all the files :

~/Library/Preferences/ByHost/com.apple.windowserver.XXXXXXXXXXX.plist

reboot. the problem is fixed for me the two screens works now as expected.

I Hope this will help you.

I had exactly the same issue but with a NVidia GTX 970.

I fixed it, is a problem with the windows server configuration you need to delete:

/Library/Preferences/com.apple.windowserver.plist

and IMPORTANT you must delete also all the files :

~/Library/Preferences/ByHost/com.apple.windowserver.XXXXXXXXXXX.plist

reboot. the problem is fixed for me the two screens works now as expected.

I Hope this will help you.

Hey thanks for your input. Unfortunately this doesn't resolve my issue.

Hey thanks for your input. Unfortunately this doesn't resolve my issue.

Sorry to hear that. You can try also to press cmd+f1 in the keyboard this will mirror both screens.

regards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back