Gigabyte Z97X-UD3H-BK
CPU
Intel Core i7-4790K
Graphics
EVGA GeForce GTX 980 SC Gaming
Mac
  1. iMac
Hi,

Long time High Sierra hackintosh user, decided to replace GTX980 with a ASUS RX580 so I could upgrade to Catalina. Thought it would be straight forward... wasn't (for me)!

Got my system back up running OK, just can't seem to get 2 monitors running together.

Install was via UniBeast to new SSD, MultiBeast for post. Clover Configurator to tweak. Hackintool.
Using Lilu and Whatevergreen in kexts/other/ (tried installing via KextBeast to L/E)

Currently one monitor on DP and the other on HDMI, swapped leads between the 4 available ports on the RX580. No difference. Not tried 2 of the same cable.

Strangely, after sleep, both monitors came on at one point?!

Anyone have the same card with 2 monitors and managed to sort it?

Many thanks for any help or direction. :)

Update: machine boots using the DP monitor only (black screen on the HDMI) but I can get both monitors working fine by immediately putting the machine to sleep after boot, then when it wakes both monitors work.

Am wondering if it's an HDMI patch issue? I'm using iMac 15.1 SMBIOS - I will have to try getting another DP lead to see if both display ports work at the same time instead of mixing the outputs.

Does anyone with an RX580 mix DP and HDMI outputs?

Update: got it working fine. Bizarrely I changed Storage Boot Option Control to UEFI ONLY in the BIOS and both monitors are working together on DP and HDMI. Don't know why, but am happy they are working :)

Update: machine boots using the DP monitor only (black screen on the HDMI) but I can get both monitors working fine by immediately putting the machine to sleep after boot, then when it wakes both monitors work.

Am wondering if it's an HDMI patch issue? I'm using iMac 15.1 SMBIOS - I will have to try getting another DP lead to see if both display ports work at the same time instead of mixing the outputs.

Does anyone with an RX580 mix DP and HDMI outputs?
I just put a RX580 in and both of my monitors stay black I have a 3 DPs 1 HDMI and a old school HDMI both boot fine but after Apple load and before the login screen the both go black I have figure how to boot so i can make some changes...... windows works fine as usual

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back