Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte H370M D3H
CPU
I5 8400
Graphics
UHD 630
Hi all,

So i've been running High Sierra perfectly fine working with both my dual monitors (One with a DVI to HDMI and one with a HDMI to HDMI Connection), Although I have to hotplug one of the monitors I made do. I eventually decided to upgrade to Catalina as I had time however I've only managed to get one of my monitors working as intended with UHD Graphics 630 working, and unfortunately I don't have audio working either.
I'm mainly concerned about getting both of my monitors functioning as intended and wondering if anyone's able to help me.
Alternatively if this isn't possible I don't mind upgrading my mobo to something better (If there are any suggestions)

Currently running GigaByte H370M-D3H, with Intel 8th Gen I5 8400.

Your problems might be solved with even a low end AMD GPU

Your problems might be solved with even a low end AMD GPU

Is there a specific GPU you'd recommend, I don't mind spending on it either,
I'm just wondering if I should get a new Mobo too?
Or if there's anyway I can get my current build working

I've only managed to get one of my monitors working as intended with UHD Graphics 630 working, and unfortunately I don't have audio working either.

Probably is wrong connector configs from ur uhd630

Take a look here to solve this:

I've a similar mboard (not same) and after patched connectors I've all them working, including with dual monitor - not perfectly, but works

but @bmoag suggestion are equally good, once u can get an RX 570, 580 or 590 (I had a Sapphire RX 560 thats works oob) and it will works better than iGPU on newly macos - but pay attention at vendors, especially XFX, to not buy a wrong card

Probably is wrong connector configs from ur uhd630

Take a look here to solve this:

I've a similar mboard (not same) and after patched connectors I've all them working, including with dual monitor - not perfectly, but works

but @bmoag suggestion are equally good, once u can get an RX 570, 580 or 590 (I had a Sapphire RX 560 thats works oob) and it will works better than iGPU on newly macos - but pay attention at vendors, especially XFX, to not buy a wrong card

Hi, this was actually the thread I used to gain accelerated graphics
I used the one for my mobo 'Gigabyte H370M-D3H and H370M-D3H GSM, and Coffee Lake CPU'
However all that I find is whilst booting my first monitor shows no signal, and then instead it comes up on my second monitor once I plug it in.

I'm just thinking about purchasing a graphics card, just wondering if there's any decently priced gpu's which I wont need to mess around too much with in terms of configuring?

I think that most cheap that you'll find is RX 560 - fully compatible with moderns macos versions and a with a decent perfomance to dual display

but caution with some RX 560's versions rebrand from RX 550, that are not compatible

like I said, I have a Sapphire RX 560 Pulse and this one of the best options

I think that most cheap that you'll find is RX 560 - fully compatible with moderns macos versions and a with a decent perfomance to dual display

but caution with some RX 560's versions rebrand from RX 550, that are not compatible

like I said, I have a Sapphire RX 560 Pulse and this one of the best options

Hi thanks for your responses again,
I was just wondering if the any of the below are any good/compatible:

Powercolor Radeon RX 580 8GB DDR5 Red Dragon V2 Graphics Card
ASUS Radeon RX 580 AREZ 8GB DUAL OC Graphics Card
MSI Radeon RX 570 ARMOR 8GB OC GDDR5 Graphics Card

Powercolor Radeon RX 580 8GB DDR5 Red Dragon V2 Graphics Card

I have this one and works just fine at catalina, fully oob

works even w/o whatevergreen

just an update:
Catalina 10.15.4 fixes DRM on many Ellesmere based Polaris GPUs, so I don't have tried early macos versions with this card

Keep in mind that PowerColor is not recommended by anyone, take a look here:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back