Gigabyte Geforce GTX 960
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Earlier today I connected my Eizo reference monitor to the second display port (DVI) on my Nvidia Card. When I looked up, my El Capitan desk was spread nicely over two screens, and most importantly: I could use the Eizo as the secondary display in Lightroom for editing photos.

Now, a few hours later, there is no picture in the second monitor. I have tried to power no/off, reconnect, and so on, but no joy. The screen works just fine if I change it over to DVI port #1. I even tried to connect it to the onboard DVI, and I got a messed up picture (distorted). I rebooted, turned off the onboard graphics in BIOS and started OSX again, but still no second monitor image.

I have read some of the posts here, especially the first, saying that there is no solution for dual monitor problems in El Capitan, but does anyone have any idea what I could try?

GA-Z97 gaming
Gigabyte GTX 960

I have an AMD card right now that operates just fine with both monitors coming from the two DVI ports. If I try to use a DVI and a Display Port, I don't get signal from the DP. If you have choices of other ports to use, try each of them - I've noticed that some cards work differently than others, and in ways you wouldn't expect. I imagine that some of this would apply to an nvidia card as well.

All ports are not created equally :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back