Graphics
Radeon 7870
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello,

After searching and reading a lot, I still can't find how to get my dual monitor screen working.

My graphic card is an Asus HD 7870 and I'm running the latest version of High Sierra (10.13.2 as of now).
First screen is connected via HDMI, second one via DVI

What I already tried:
  • Install Lilu and Whatevergreen
  • Setting custom vendor ID
  • Setting custom frame buffer to Futomaki
My card is (I think) properly recognised and identified in 'About This Mac' as AMD Radeon HD 7870 2 Go.
Both monitors are showing in 'About This Mac'. However, the screen connected with DVI is black.
When the computer boots up, the 2 screens are working until login screen then the DVI one turns black.

I hope some of you will be able to help me.

Have a nice day.

Hello,

After searching and reading a lot, I still can't find how to get my dual monitor screen working.

My graphic card is an Asus HD 7870 and I'm running the latest version of High Sierra (10.13.2 as of now).
First screen is connected via HDMI, second one via DVI

What I already tried:
  • Install Lilu and Whatevergreen
  • Setting custom vendor ID
  • Setting custom frame buffer to Futomaki
My card is (I think) properly recognised and identified in 'About This Mac' as AMD Radeon HD 7870 2 Go.
Both monitors are showing in 'About This Mac'. However, the screen connected with DVI is black.
When the computer boots up, the 2 screens are working until login screen then the DVI one turns black.

I hope some of you will be able to help me.

Have a nice day.

can you post your config.plist. I have a 7870 and i have problem in high sierra.(in sierra working native)

Thanks

I haven’t yet tried dual monitor. That’s what I am gonna do next. I just did a fresh install of high Sierra. 7700K, z270m ASUS and gigabyte HD 7870 display Card exporting on HDMI. However, I noticed problems with previewing (space bar) and viewing videos in QuickTime, both mp4 and mkv. I may have missed some of the crucial kext though.

Could anyone please shed some light?

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back