Graphics
NVIDIA GTX 1070
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey,

since Yosemite I've got the same problem, it's not really a big one, but it's kinda annoying and it got worse with El Capitan and now MacOS Sierra.

So, when I boot, only one Monitor is on. On my second monitor is just a black screen. I think the monitor is on, because my programs are on the second monitor. I need to to turn the monitor off and on again to get it to work. Thats annoying because every programs thats open will move to one monitor.

I already tried to use different cables. At the moment I'm using DisplayPort and HDMI, i tried almost every combination nothing worked for me. I also bought new cables because I thought my cheap cables were the problem.

I also tried with nvidia webdriver, no difference for me.

DOES ANYONE know a fix? Pls, I'm dealing with it for a year now, and it's just getting worse.

I also see often, that many users with a gtx770 have the problem.

Speccs are in my profile. But I can post them again:

Gigabyte z97x-ud3h
gtx-770
i7-4770k
Monitor: Dell U2414H

Clover graphic settings
Code:
    <key>Graphics</key>
    <dict>
        <key>Inject</key>
        <dict>
            <key>ATI</key>
            <false/>
            <key>Intel</key>
            <false/>
            <key>NVidia</key>
            <false/>
        </dict>
        <key>NvidiaSingle</key>
        <false/>
    </dict>

Hey thanks for the answer.

Yes, I'm using two U2414H's. Actually one is conntected via HDMI and one via DisplayPort. And the one via HDMI isn't waking up all the time. But just on my hackintosh.

I already read about that waking up problem. But if it was that problem, why do I not got this in windows?

Yes, I tried almost everything, that's why it's driving me crazy. Because now with Sierra sometimes I have the problem if I power off the monitor who has a blackscreen, the other one will go on a blackscreen too. Then I have to power both on and off like 1-3 times until both are working.

I tried every cable i have. I also tried it with DVI to HDMI cables and DP to DHMI cables. No difference. But the interesting thing is it's only the right monitor that isn't working. (Just thought about it, because you asked if it's a dell problem)

What else can I do? What do you think?

So it's always the same display which doesn't come up, no matter how it's connected? That sounds a lot like that "Dell issue" to me, although I don't know if it's plausible that the issue only appears in OS X.

Does OS X detect the display when it's black? I'm asking this because usually a blank screen is equal to "port dead, no monitors detected".

on my macbook both monitors are working fine. It's just on my hack. Like I said in Windows it's working fine too. And I just read about that the "Dell Issue" happens only with DisplayPort and not with HDMI so I think it's not the Monitor.

Well in Mavericks it worked as well, it's since Yosemite.

So it's always the same display which doesn't come up, no matter how it's connected? That sounds a lot like that "Dell issue" to me, although I don't know if it's plausible that the issue only appears in OS X.

Does OS X detect the display when it's black? I'm asking this because usually a blank screen is equal to "port dead, no monitors detected".

What do you mean with "detected"? When the Monitor is black I can use my Mouse on the second Monitor, it's just black.

Help? Anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back