Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey guys.

first of all tony thank you very much for the guide. it worked now.

But it doesn't recognize my second monitor. it shows only the same picture on both.
i can add widget but there are waves when i add it.

So here is my system

- Intel i5-750 QuadCore
- GA-P55A-UD3 Mainboard
- HIS Radeon 4670 HD Silence
- Western Digital 1001 FalsBack
- G.Skill 4GB DDR3 - 1333 MHZ

Two other issues:
The Sound: work it with the solution from the other topic ? :
You're missing one key thing, the actual driver for the ALC888
This is what you need http://www.kexts.com/view/147-alc888_hd_audio.html

And how can i get windows 7 installed? the dvd doesn't boot. i read that windows7 cannot boot on guid. so what do i need? is there any tutorial?

Last: I tried by my own to fix the dual monitor problem and now i cannot boot anymore. the two monitors turn off because they don't get signals after osx boots.
I can boot in safe mode and want to change to my old "boot" by "cp bootbackup boot" but i don't have permissions. somebody nows how to fix it. otherwise i have to reinstall osx.

thank you very much :rolleyes:

my problem is that i already have the osx running and the partitions, but the windows installer says after formating the partition that it cannot install it on that drive because the controller is not supported

Curru said:
my problem is that i already have the osx running and the partitions, but the windows installer says after formating the partition that it cannot install it on that drive because the controller is not supported

The only way I know is that guide- if you want it to work with no headaches, I suggest starting from scratch. Otherwise, you may be struggling to reinvent a method all day. ;)

Curru said:
I can boot in safe mode and want to change to my old "boot" by "cp bootbackup boot" but i don't have permissions. somebody nows how to fix it. otherwise i have to reinstall osx.

thank you very much :rolleyes:

Use "sudo cp ... "

sudo is not possible in safe mode btw.

but i get this all fixed. i had to install vista and now i get the dual boot working i think.

still have problems with dual view mode in OSX. some ideas?

i need realy help.

i followed your dual boot guide. but now i have serious problems.

my windows 7 is working. my osx was working . but the dual mode wasn't working. i only had the option to boot SL.

so therefore i installed http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index. ... pic=201850

the chameleon rc4. but now nothing works.

i can boot with the boot cd i installed SL but when i try to load the Retail DVD it stoppes at ethernet loading.

and my normal SL installatoin stoppes after dmos arrived.

how can i fixed anything? i cannot boot the installation dvd. i cannot boot the normal SL . only i can boot windows and activte the partition of windows and then boot into windows!

help please :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back