Graphics
gtx 480 and gt 240
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I have a gtx 480 and a gt 240 in my machine. When I boot into lion I get a black screen. The computer is on, but no signal being sent. I have have had bad experience with dsdt before so I try to not use them ever. I tried adding the efi for both cards like I did with snow leopard, but it won't work anymore. This only happened after updating to chimera 1.10. Before it I was hitting fine with both cards.

Mind you I don't need both cards to be working completely in os x at this moment. I do video editing with fcpx, but my gtx 480 is more than powerful enough for the bit of work I do. I have 2 cards in the machine mostly because I am a gamer and thoroughly enjoy games with physx. I play a lot of batman Arkham City and running the game at 1080p with full physx kills performance if I use one card, so I use the gtx 240 as a dedicated physx card. So I don't necessarily need it, but it's nice to have. Also right right now to boot into osx I pull my gt240 out, which is no big issue until I boot the computer and I remember that I didn't pull it and then I have to hold the button down.
I'm going to be picking up a gtx 680 as soon as "proper" support is implemented into osx. I'm hoping to use my gtx 480 to run one display while my 680 runs the other in both Mac and windows which is why I'd rather get this issue ironed out.

If anyone has come across the issue, I'd appreciate it. Another thing to keep in mind is that chimera 1.10 touts its ability to inject 2 cards, so it could be my second card causing problems. As soon as I get home I'm booting up the of with the gt240 only and see what happens, but it should boot no problem.

Try GraphicsEnabler=No at the bootscreen and see if it will let you boot so you can find what was changed and change it back.

I use my GTS 450 as a PhysX card, but I have no problems...weird.

Try GraphicsEnabler=No at the bootscreen and see if it will let you boot so you can find what was changed and change it back.

I can boot fine by pulling the GT240. It won't boot with graphics no matter what I do if both cards are installed.

I installed Chimera 1.00 agin, but it did not help. I also reinstalled Lion on my SSD drive and Only installed .94, or something like that and it still wouldn't go. My computer is weird because at first it was not starting up Snow Leopard after I upgraded from a core 2 quad to my current build. Then randomly it started booting fine and hasn't given me trouble ever since. Than I used EFI to boot with two gtx 480's and everything was fine, on my reinstall I didn't need efi strings, that was using the exact same set up and software version. It's almost as if it is learning lol.

Sorry for asking a new question, but i wanted to ask same kind of question.

I got a Radeon HD7850 and i5-3550, so HD 2500. Both are not supported in lion(and mountain lion i think) i only can boot osx with graphicsenabler=no
Is it possible to buy a new(not that expensive) Graphic Card and put it too in the Computer.
My Mainboard(Ga-h77-d3h) has crossfire, therfore i am asking. So that way i do not have to sell my actual Graphic Card and use it for my Windows PC(Battlefield ecc) and the other for osx

I boot the PC with one card at a time to try the EFI string method, but before I could install them the computer began to boot fine with both cards installed. GraphicsEnabler=yes and everything. I still can't connect one display to each cards, but that has never worked and is not too important. Thanks for the help. For now we will see how this goes.

I have been trying to get two GTS 450s (They are in SLI in windows) to get recognized. I can boot Lion and Mountain Lion Just fine with one card installed. But once I put two in, I just get the black screen. I tried GraphicsEnabler=no, PCIRootID=1, also with PCIRootID=0.

I am running a patched Z77 Sabertooth with a 3770K. Any suggestions guys?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back