Intel HD 4600 Geforce 640
Mac
  1. MacBook
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Can't take graphics card out

Alright I'm here again asking for the help of the tony mac community "your my only hope"

ok i have a dell precision t7500 it has a xeon cpu (8 core)

these are the cards

NVIDIA Quadro FX 1800:

Chipset Model: NVIDIA Quadro FX 1800
Type: GPU
Bus: PCIe
PCIe Lane Width: x16
VRAM (Total): 768 MB
Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)
Device ID: 0x0638
Revision ID: 0x00a1
ROM Revision: preset 1.0.0
Displays:
DELL P190S:
Resolution: 1280 x 1024 @ 75 Hz
Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
Display Serial Number: P86NM21UAV4L
Main Display: Yes
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes
Rotation: Supported

Chipset Model: NVIDIA GeForce GT 640
Type: GPU
Bus: PCIe
PCIe Lane Width: x16
VRAM (Total): 2048 MB
Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)
Device ID: 0x0fc1
Revision ID: 0x00a2
ROM Revision: preset 1.0.0
Displays:
DELL 1907FP:
Resolution: 1280 x 1024 @ 60 Hz
Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
Display Serial Number: DC323638AV0U
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes
Rotation: Supported

my first thing is I'm amazed they are both working :p

My story is I got this server about 4 months ago I got it to with work osx86. The motherboard on this is kinda odd it has 2 pci 8x and 2 pic 16x the problem is is that i only want my GeForce 640 but if I take the quadro out my system will not boot osx. Nothing works on the side of -x -v it just gets all the way to the last part (i noticed it never starts up the drivers when the quadro isnt in it.)

I've tried every trick in the book but nothing works I really need some help.\

Thanks act499

Both graphics card will act independently of one another so yes you can game on one while doing something else on the other. The only performance hit will be if you are keeping your system busy with the workload on the other screen may impact the game performance on the other....

Multi GPU configurations are crossfire, (AMD) or sli (nvidia), both cards typically need to be of the same range and or series to be compatible and typically require an additional linking data cable to connect the cards. This syncs the cards. The multi gpu rendering is controlled by software, which is not available on OSX anyway. Thus there is no benefit to sli or crossfire in OSX. You can have the cards installed and connected but distributed rendering across GPU's will only work on windows with the relevant software controllers installed.

Both graphics card will act independently of one another so yes you can game on one while doing something else on the other. The only performance hit will be if you are keeping your system busy with the workload on the other screen may impact the game performance on the other....

Multi GPU configurations are crossfire, (AMD) or sli (nvidia), both cards typically need to be of the same range and or series to be compatible and typically require an additional linking data cable to connect the cards. This syncs the cards. The multi gpu rendering is controlled by software, which is not available on OSX anyway. Thus there is no benefit to sli or crossfire in OSX. You can have the cards installed and connected but distributed rendering across GPU's will only work on windows with the relevant software controllers installed.

Thanks any idea on how the quadro fx 1800 is even working?

Thanks any idea on how the quadro fx 1800 is even working?

Don't really know what you mean?

Why are you using 2x cards anyway, unless you are driving more monitors than the other card can support, which is what 3 or 4 ? why even use it ?

Because if I take the quadro fx 1800 out none of my graphics work at all and I cannt for the life of me figure out why I'd love to sell the quadro and buy a better GeForce ( the quadros 400 bucks) I do have 3 monitors though( I mean I never installed a kept for it and it's not supposed to be obo)

I will pay someone to help me if I need to I understand its a lot of work
Check the forum rules. Maybe you instead meant to ask if anyone knew of consultants who could help you sort it out?

You say that when you remove the Quadro nothing works. Do you move the GT 640 up into the physical slot which had been occupied by the Quadro?

Yes sir I have done that the problem is is that my GeForce takes up to slots ( fan and 2nd VGA ) so then I cannt hook up my Ethernet but it doesn't work like that anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back