Contribute
Register

Dual EVGA GeForce 9800GTX+

Status
Not open for further replies.
After many attempts to get the cursed 9800GTX+ fully working on my UD3L board, I broke down and bought the UD3P. The UD3L will now go towards an HTPC.

I picked up the UD3P because Lifehacker has a patcher for the UD3P/9800GTX+. Only after the extra purchase and install, which went fine, do I find out that the card - once again - drops the second video out upon 10.6.2 and up update. Curse you, Lifehacker and your promise of "no more hacking".

I have tried a couple things (well, more than this) -

1. Tried running the pumpkin patchupdate during 10.6.2 update, which botched everything
2. Tried running the lifehacker patcher after 10.6.2, which does nothing
3. Tried NVenabler 64 which botched everything. Even after uninstalling, system never worked right and I had to reinstall again

I see a ton of guides online for how to get "2" of these cards to work, but no one seems to be creating an update to just get 1 card fully working on the UD3P for dual display.

I've offered a 15 dollar donation to solve this. Make it 20 bucks! Just write me whatever I need - DSDT? etc to go with my board and card, make sure it doesn't croak things under the Lifehacker patch, give some simple instructions on how to install, and I'll paypal you the money. If you know what you're doing, it should be the easiest 20 bucks ever. However, if you tank my system, I'll come after you with a pitchfork and breathing hellfire. What could go wrong? :)

Any takers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back