Contribute
Register

Dual EVGA GeForce 9800GTX+

Status
Not open for further replies.
finally got this working, almost (openGL only working on primary display)..
but for anyone with this setup wanting at least a 2nd monitor.

- dual EVGA nvidia geforce 9800GTX+ 512mb
- ga-p55a-ud4p motherboard
- retail snow leopard installed with tony's new nvidia iso, and multibeast .6 (nvenabler64)

attached is my plist file i created and the hex string for your boot.plist

Attachments

• cloudofink Dual EVGA 9800 GTX+ ga-p55a-ud4p.zip
    34.3 KB · Views: 100
  • Screen shot 2010-02-14 at 7.15.49 PM.png
    Screen shot 2010-02-14 at 7.15.49 PM.png
    113 KB · Views: 547
  • Screen shot 2010-02-14 at 7.18.29 PM.png
    Screen shot 2010-02-14 at 7.18.29 PM.png
    100.6 KB · Views: 542
Here's a better one.. with opengl working on both. this uses the original nvenabler from multibeast for the primary display and only adds the 2nd graphics card. works great, boot peg1, and can plug in 2nd display without restarting.
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
	<key>PciRoot(0x1)/Pci(0x5,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)</key>
	<dict>
		<key>@0,compatible</key>
		<string>NVDA,NVMac</string>
		<key>@0,device_type</key>
		<string>display</string>
		<key>@0,name</key>
		<string>NVDA,Display-A</string>
		<key>@1,compatible</key>
		<string>NVDA,NVMac</string>
		<key>@1,device_type</key>
		<string>display</string>
		<key>@1,name</key>
		<string>NVDA,Display-B</string>
		<key>@2,#adress-cells</key>
		<string>0x01000000</string>
		<key>@2,#size-cells</key>
		<string>0x00000000</string>
		<key>@2,compatible</key>
		<string>NVDA,sensor-parent</string>
		<key>@2,device_type</key>
		<string>NVDA,gpu-diode</string>
		<key>@2,hwctrl-params-version</key>
		<string>0x02000000</string>
		<key>@2,hwsensor-params-version</key>
		<key>@2,name</key>
		<string>sensor-parent</string>
		<key>@2,reg</key>
		<key>NVCAP</key>
		<data>
		BAAAAAAAAwAMAAAAAAAABwAAAAA=
		</data>
		<key>NVPM</key>
		<data>
		AQAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA==
		</data>
		<key>VRAM,totalsize</key>
		<data>
		AAAAIA==
		</data>
		<key>device_type</key>
		<string>NVDA,GeForce</string>
		<key>model</key>
		<string>NVIDIA GeForce 9800GTX+ (EVGA)</string>
		<key>name</key>
		<string>NVDA,Parent</string>
		<key>rom-revision</key>
		<string>3172a</string>
	</dict>
</dict>
</plist>

Attachments

• 2nd-EVGA-9800GTX+.plist
    1.5 KB · Views: 266
Gratz! Interesting you got it to work like that as I had problems getting my 260's to work in the same manner. My guess, after doing a lot of reading, is this isn't possible for two of the same post G92 cards to work with strings. I edited my DSDT with essentially the same info in your string, but it's still a lil different. Anyway, why's the top card not show up as a gtx?

Jocelyn84 said:
Gratz! Interesting you got it to work like that as I had problems getting my 260's to work in the same manner. My guess, after doing a lot of reading, is this isn't possible for two of the same post G92 cards to work with strings. I edited my DSDT with essentially the same info in your string, but it's still a lil different. Anyway, why's the top card not show up as a gtx?

for some reason i can't seem to override the info for that one, i did a clean install using tony's nvidia boot and the primary card actually worked right out of the box as it should so i figured that although it's showing as "9800 GT" i decided to just leave it since it was working great, that's when i just decided to apply the gfx string to the 2nd card. so that one is saying the proper thing. kind of annoying, but working perfectly.. ;)

Hey All,

After days of searching, I think I've finally found the right post! Please help!

I'm running the same EVGA 9800 GTX+. The card shows as fully recognized in 10.6, up to 10.6.3, but the second monitor has gone out and Open GL is at half speed (I'm sure you've heard this story before).

I've tried NVEnabler64, but it didn't do anything. And my sys already sees the card, I just have not been able to figure out how to wake the second half, so to say.

I have a different board than the fix that was proposed, and was wondering if someone could slightly mod the Plist file for me? I'd be very grateful for any help, along with other UD3L'ers.

EVGA 9800 GTX+ on a Gigabyte EP45-UD3L (single Express 16 slot)

I tried taking the string of info and plugged it into my Apple boot list, in EXTRA. When I rebooted, it didn't work. Restored to previous kext. I'm assuming that this is board specific, and the info for the PCI slots has to be moved around, etc. Wish I knew what to put :)

Thank you!

So I've been able to get Open GL up to top speed so far. I'm running 10.6.3, used Multibeast to install NV64, and using OSX86tools, patched the plist for "9800 GTX", even though mine is a plus, I assumed that was just a die shrink.

Now that Quartz and CL are up to snuff, can someone please tell me what I need to do to activate the second display out? Thanks.

So?crates said:
So I've been able to get Open GL up to top speed so far. I'm running 10.6.3, used Multibeast to install NV64, and using OSX86tools, patched the plist for "9800 GTX", even though mine is a plus, I assumed that was just a die shrink.

Now that Quartz and CL are up to snuff, can someone please tell me what I need to do to activate the second display out? Thanks.

have you tried this method instead (i am no longer doing like this)? viewtopic.php?f=15&t=617

15 dollars via paypal for the first person to send me something that will make my dual displays in a single evga 9800gtx+ just fully work. I'm running snow 10.6.3 on a EP45-ud3l.

So?crates said:
15 dollars via paypal for the first person to send me something that will make my dual displays in a single evga 9800gtx+ just fully work. I'm running snow 10.6.3 on a EP45-ud3l.
Have you tried getting rid of NV64, and using just GraphicsEnabler=Yes in com.apple.Boot.plist...
Alternatively, see this post: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=617

If that works, please donate the 15 bucks to the forum ;)

i have the PNY version of the card not the EVGA what would i have to do to get 2 displays working on one card?

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back