Contribute
Register

Dual display @ 2560x1400 fully working??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
OSX Lion 10.7.3
CPU
Intel® Core™ i7-980X Processor Extreme Edition (12M Cache, 3.33 GHz, 6.40 GT/s Intel® QPI)
Graphics
AMD Radeon HD 6870 1024 MB
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi everyone,

I got my first hackintosh assembled, and everything was working perfect, even my XFX Radeon 5870 eyefinity 6 GPU did it's job on my 24" LCD @ 1920x1200. Total bliss! Then i decided to buy 2 x Dell U2711 27" monitors to go with my sparkling new workstation. Bad move!

Couldn't get it working at all :( Finally after hours and hours i found an experimental bootloader by Mohamed Khairy (http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=231756&st=120) which got my card working at native resolution (2560x1440) but without QE/CI, and with the fan more or less on full speed. There does not seem to be a resolution to this at the current stage and i can't justify the noise to my colleagues.

So know i have decided to get a new GPU card and i need your help. I'm looking for one that is fairly easy to setup with 64 bit enabled. It has to be able to run two 27" displays at 2560x1440. If any of you have some succes with this, or any other advice i would be very happy.

Thank you all.

Kalle

It seems that you are really interested in setting up dual monitors. This site freepctech.com/pc/001/guide_dual_monitors.shtml gives tutorial to run your monitors at the same time. If you have questions about these guides, don't hesitate to approach me again.

Interesting...

I'm currently using a 9800 GTX to drive dual Dell 23 inch displays (U2311H). Opened the boxes, hooked them up and booted the machine. No problems at all. I'm currently running at the native resolution of the displays - 1920 x 1080.

Anyway, good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back