Contribute
Register

Dual Booting Yosemite and Windows10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
HP X58
CPU
Xeon > Need full CPU model name > See Forum Rules!
Graphics
GT 740
I am currently dual booting Win 8.1 and Yosemite each on their own drive. When I try to upgrade to Win 10 the process almost completes, but then rolls back to 8.1. I have been able to upgrade to Win 10 on 3 other computers without any problems. I am using Chameleon Bootloader.

Had the same problem.
What fixed it for me was to:
1. unplug all my MacOS boot drives and have only the windows boot drive plugged into SATA
2. Boot into Windows 8.1 and then Clone my Windows partition.
3. Then update each and every driver to Win10 drivers. The Gigabyte website was helpful getting all the latest gigabyte board drivers. I'm using GA-z97x-Gaming 7 board.
3. I used the Windows Media Creation Tool to upgrade to windows 10 after that.
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/media-creation-tool-install
4. Once Win10 was running, I shut down and plugged in all my MacOS drives again then rebooted. I did need to go back to BIOS first to make sure my MacOS drive was still the first drive in the boot list.

Had the same problem.
What fixed it for me was to:
1. unplug all my MacOS boot drives and have only the windows boot drive plugged into SATA
2. Boot into Windows 8.1 and then Clone my Windows partition.
3. Then update each and every driver to Win10 drivers. The Gigabyte website was helpful getting all the latest gigabyte board drivers. I'm using GA-z97x-Gaming 7 board.
3. I used the Windows Media Creation Tool to upgrade to windows 10 after that.
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/media-creation-tool-install
4. Once Win10 was running, I shut down and plugged in all my MacOS drives again then rebooted. I did need to go back to BIOS first to make sure my MacOS drive was still the first drive in the boot list.

Thank you for responding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back