Contribute
Register

Dual Booting with Seperate Hard Drives

Status
Not open for further replies.
ptaramelli said:
adamall said:
How much harder would it be to use seperate drives for windows and OS X?
It's easy, I made a triple boot with Ubuntu but in the way I saw this:
I disconnect the win7 drive, install osx until everything is ok booting from HD, then connect the win 7 drive and boot from iboot disk (you'll see it "sees" osx and win7) to osx, then run again multibeast, and in the next reboot from HD you'll have osx and win7 options in your chamaleon or chimera bootloader.
In my case, I don't know if anybody else Had this, the first reboot from HD after running multibeast was very very long, and enter osx without mouse or keyboard, reset, and the next boot was normal.
I installed my triple with SL and in this very moment I' m upgrading to Lion.

Be very patient, there's a lot of information about dual boots in any configuration, but search with google and then choose the results from tonymacx86 forums, it's much easier than searching directly in Tonymacx86 forums

Yeah this is giving me a bloody nose. I started with windoz and thats fine but i am having trouble with Lion and yet I am a regular OS X user (the foxconn..peanut pay checks for hardworking employees made me sick so I decided to build my own mac pro do it all system and stop contributing to Apple's root). Could someone do me a big favour on a step by step especially on the Lion part as I have currently succeeded with the windoz 7 64 bit installation SSD part....I now want to install a lion SSD and dual boot (2 separate hard drives or SSD)

Thanks everyone

adamall said:
Thanks Everyone Everything is working

HELP....How did you do it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back