Graphics
Gigabyte Nvidia GeForce GTX 670
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have successfully have everything working on my hackintosh build (Mountain Lion 10.8.3) which is stored on my Vertex 4 SSD and I also have 2 addition HDD, one is 1TB and the other is 320GB both formatted to "mac OS extended (journaled)". I would like to use the 320GB HDD to dual boot and install Windows 8 on it. Which steps would I have to take to accomplish this???

I have successfully have everything working on my hackintosh build (Mountain Lion 10.8.3) which is stored on my Vertex 4 SSD and I also have 2 addition HDD, one is 1TB and the other is 320GB both formatted to "mac OS extended (journaled)". I would like to use the 320GB HDD to dual boot and install Windows 8 on it. Which steps would I have to take to accomplish this???

- Disconnect your SSD.
- Install Win8 on the 320GB HDD (repartition/format as necessary). Be sure to install in non-UEFI mode.
- Reconnect your SSD.
- Change BIOS settings to prioritize SSD as boot drive.

Chimera should see both OS X and Win8. You might want to disable "fast boot" for Win8...

- Disconnect your SSD.
- Install Win8 on the 320GB HDD (repartition/format as necessary). Be sure to install in non-UEFI mode.
- Reconnect your SSD.
- Change BIOS settings to prioritize SSD as boot drive.

Chimera should see both OS X and Win8. You might want to disable "fast boot" for Win8...
what would be the necessary format setting for windows

ok

Attachments

• IMG_2942.jpg
    IMG_2942.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 2,211
MBR partition table. NTFS volume.
I was able to get into my windows 8 desktop with no issues but after rebooting my system and removing my install disc and plugging my ssd that contains ML 10.8.3 back in, I get to the chimera screen with the options to choose ML or "NFTS Windows" but when I click on windows I get the this error message
View attachment 51734

Select the System Reserved icon instead of the Windows NTFS icon.

I only have 2 icons the Mac OSX icon and the Windows NTFS, what is the system reserved icon?

Maybe you installed Windows in UEFI mode? If you boot into OS X, and use Disk Utility to look at the partition map of your Win7 disk, what type is it? If it is GPT, then you did a UEFI install of Windows, and that won't work.

Maybe you installed Windows in UEFI mode? If you boot into OS X, and use Disk Utility to look at the partition map of your Win7 disk, what type is it? If it is GPT, then you did a UEFI install of Windows, and that won't work.
how do I change from UEFI mode? I believe that was the problem my HDD was set to GPT. I have the ASUS Sabertooth X79 motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back