Contribute
Register

Dual Booting Windows 7 and 10.8.5 on same disk - keeps on going into windows despite Multibeast Inst

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z77-DS3H
CPU
i5-3550
Graphics
GV-N65TBOC-2GD Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 650 Ti Boost Rev 1.0
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 512K
  2. Apple
  3. Centris
  4. iBook
  5. LC
  6. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
[Solved]Dual Booting Windows 7 and 10.8.5 on same disk - keeps on going into windows despite Multibeast Install of Chimera

Hello:

I've tried to follow Going Bald's guide on multi-OS install on the same disk. I partitioned the drive using OSX and GUID. I am using first partition as OSX and 2nd for Windows. I installed Windows first on the 2nd partition without problems. I then installed OSX Mountain Lion 10.8.5 on the first partition which also didn't have problems. (Note that I used unibeast to boot into these systems, but without unibeast's chimera selector it wouldn't work.)

I then used multibeast to do a DSDT free install. I think the install includes a chimera bootloader since it worked fine in a single disk install of the OS, with chimera showing up at boot. I figured that due to the sequence of the install, the chimera bootloader would take over. However, when I booted without unibeast thumbdrive, the HDD drive would just boot straight into windows. I booted into OSX again with unibeast drive, this time using multibeast to install Chimera v2.2.0 r2248 onto the HDD. Rebooting achieved the same result: the system just boots into windows without Chimera bootloader (I think it gave some boot message very briefly with some "boot..." arguments on screen, but failed to load and went straight into windows).

What do I have to do to fix this? Thank you.

UPDATE: Solved it. Forgot that it's a 1TB HDD and had the boot0 problem. Applied the fix and bootloader works fine.

Hello:

I've tried to follow Going Bald's guide on multi-OS install on the same disk. I partitioned the drive using OSX and GUID. I am using first partition as OSX and 2nd for Windows. I installed Windows first on the 2nd partition without problems. I then installed OSX Mountain Lion 10.8.5 on the first partition which also didn't have problems. (Note that I used unibeast to boot into these systems, but without unibeast's chimera selector it wouldn't work.)

I then used multibeast to do a DSDT free install. I think the install includes a chimera bootloader since it worked fine in a single disk install of the OS, with chimera showing up at boot. I figured that due to the sequence of the install, the chimera bootloader would take over. However, when I booted without unibeast thumbdrive, the HDD drive would just boot straight into windows. I booted into OSX again with unibeast drive, this time using multibeast to install Chimera v2.2.0 r2248 onto the HDD. Rebooting achieved the same result: the system just boots into windows without Chimera bootloader (I think it gave some boot message very briefly with some "boot..." arguments on screen, but failed to load and went straight into windows).

What do I have to do to fix this? Thank you.

UPDATE: Solved it. Forgot that it's a 1TB HDD and had the boot0 problem. Applied the fix and bootloader works fine.

Yes, I was just going to say "boot0"... For some one reading this, solution is here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/25-boot0-error-official-guide.html

hey friend, im facing the same problem as you

could you plz tell me how to fix it???

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back