Contribute
Register

dual booting snow leopard & windows 7 on separate HDDs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI P55-GD65
CPU
i7-860
Graphics
GTS-250s
okay so i've managed to install snow leopard 10.6.2 and i also have windows 7 installed...only problem is i can't figure out easybcd, i'm thinking its because i have the two OS on different hard drives. if i load my bios defaults and switch to the win7 hdd as primary then it'll start and give me the easybcd bootloader and then i get to choose between mac and windows...only windows work (prolly because mac is on another hdd). however if i switch the mac hdd as the primary hdd and boot with that first i get the tonymac boot screen and then i get to choose mac or win...if i choose win, i'll get the "windows starting" and as soon as the four colors come together to form the windows flag, i get the blue screen of death....any solution? i would hate to go back and run the two raptor hdd as raid0 and then partition them and then install both os again =(

hehe nevermind...i figured it out kinda...all i had to do was reload the bios to defult, boot into window and enable ahci, then reset the bios and boot from the leopard hdd and there i can select which one to get into. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

I also successfully dual booted SL & Windows 7.

Kinda Off Topic, but not really...

Are any of you that are dual booting noticing Time issues in Windows - Specifically Windows 7.

I'm booting using 2 1TB WD Blacks and Chameleon RC4. I've noticed that in Snow Leopard, the time displays correctly. However, When I load the Windows 7 drive my time is screwed up.

I change the time in windows, then in bios, load Windows 7 (w/o loading SL first) and it works. Once I load Snow Leopard, restart, and load Windows 7 drive - messed up again

Hey I was able to successfully dual boot off separate HDs without doing any tweaks.

The way I am dual booting is when the tony mac them loads, the one with the gray progress bar loads, while this is happening I press a key and then the boot interrupts and then loads the same PC EFI screen on the iboot CD where I can choose which hard drive to boot off.

Is this the way it is supposed to work? It took me a while to actually stumble across this because if my system boots it goes straight into OSX without the PC EFI screen.

I installed chameleon RC4 and the PC EFI together from multi beast.

Also, does this already get installed together with Easybeast? Was this option pretty much already available without separately installing these two options?

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back