Contribute
Register

Dual booting El Capitan and Windows 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
I updated F7 UEFI/BIOS to F10 UEFI/BIOS. Didn't solve the problem.

Have you tried connecting only Windows drive, installing, updating to max, install Steam, play games, and then and only then connecting the OS X drive and resetting UEFI boot order?

This is last thing I can think of - I never had this kind of problem and am unable to reproduce it.

Have you tried connecting only Windows drive, installing, updating to max, install Steam, play games, and then and only then connecting the OS X drive and resetting UEFI boot order?

This is last thing I can think of - I never had this kind of problem and am unable to reproduce it.
I'm not sure how this makes any differ the way I've been doing:

1. Disconnect any other drive but Windows
2. Install Windows
3. Update Windows to max
4. Connect OS X drive
5. In UEFI/BIOS boot order to OS X 1st and Windows boot manager 2nd.

I'm not sure how this makes any differ the way I've been doing:

1. Disconnect any other drive but Windows
2. Install Windows
3. Update Windows to max
4. Connect OS X drive
5. In UEFI/BIOS boot order to OS X 1st and Windows boot manager 2nd.

In previous post you indicated you verified you could boot from Clover and then updated Windows.
After which, Windows would not boot with Clover. If you do all updates before you boot Windows with Clover, you will know it is not an update changing something and causing the boot failure.

In previous post you indicated you verified you could boot from Clover and then updated Windows.
After which, Windows would not boot with Clover. If you do all updates before you boot Windows with Clover, you will know it is not an update changing something and causing the boot failure.

I have find out this that when I install Windows and don't run none of the updates I can boot from Clover BUT when I install Windows and do run all the important updates Windows won't boot from Clover. So my guess is that there maybe is some update that causes the boot failure but I'm not sure.

I have find out this that when I install Windows and don't run none of the updates I can boot from Clover BUT when I install Windows and do run all the important updates Windows won't boot from Clover. So my guess is that there maybe is some update that causes the boot failure but I'm not sure.

Another experiment to try:

Install OS X and Windows, do updates on Windows.
On reboot Windows will not boot from Clover
Mount EFI partition, save the config.plist to desktop
Reinstall Clover, copy desktop config.plist back to newly installed Clover EFI.
Reboot and try to boot Windows. If it boots, then you know it is something in the boot path that Windows Updates changes and it does not get updated in Clover, so easy solution going forward is to reinstall Clover when you update Windows and it then will not boot from Clover.

Reboot and try to boot Windows. If it boots, then you know it is something in the boot path that Windows Updates changes and it does not get updated in Clover, so easy solution going forward is to reinstall Clover when you update Windows and it then will not boot from Clover.
I have to try this method but I'm now having a christmas holiday away about two weeks or less but when I get back I'll try this method and inform how it goes.

Do I have to re-install OS X or just Windows? Does deleting clover configurator from programs and re-installing it there install the new clover EFI?

Do I have to re-install OS X or just Windows? Does deleting clover configurator from programs and re-installing it there install the new clover EFI?

You only have to re-install Clover.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back