1. 0
Hello Everybody!

I've recently built a PC:
Gigabyte Z77-D3H
Intel Core i5-3570k overclocked to 4.20Ghz
Sapphire HD7870
4gb memory
a bunch of hard-drives (1 SSD)

Seeing as I have a had a spare harddrive I thought I'd give it a try making a dual boot machine.

So I tried uni-beast and managed to install snow leopard on a spare hard-drive but I can only boot into it with GraphicsEnabler=No. I realise now that my graphics card is incompatible.

My question is does anyone know, or has one be able to run a separate boot that uses the internal graphics instead of the graphics card?

I'm (reasonable) technical and I like a challenge so any help gratefully, just want to know if I'm wasting my time or not.

Snow Leopard is not compatable with your Ivybridge CPU

Hello Everybody!

I've recently built a PC:
Gigabyte Z77-D3H
Intel Core i5-3570k overclocked to 4.20Ghz
Sapphire HD7870
4gb memory
a bunch of hard-drives (1 SSD)

Seeing as I have a had a spare harddrive I thought I'd give it a try making a dual boot machine.

So I tried uni-beast and managed to install snow leopard on a spare hard-drive but I can only boot into it with GraphicsEnabler=No. I realise now that my graphics card is incompatible.

My question is does anyone know, or has one be able to run a separate boot that uses the internal graphics instead of the graphics card?

I'm (reasonable) technical and I like a challenge so any help gratefully, just want to know if I'm wasting my time or not.

UniBeast to install Snow Leopard? You mean Mountain Lion or Lion, yes?

Remove the HD7870 completely from the case, put it back in its static bag and back in the box. You will need it this summer.
Disconnect all other HDD/SSDs
With a DVI/HDMI cable (do not use the VGA) connected to onboard port, boot to BIOS and set iGPU to enabled and iGPU Memory to 64Mb. Save&exit, continue boot to UniBeast and install Mountain Lion. Run MultiBeast. Shutdown and reconnect other HDD/SSDs
Boot to BIOS and make the OS X HDD/SSD first in drive boot order. Save and exit, continue boot. At the Chimera screen hit a key to select Win7 to boot.

UniBeast to install Snow Leopard? You mean Mountain Lion or Lion, yes?

Remove the HD7870 completely from the case, put it back in its static bag and back in the box. You will need it this summer.
Disconnect all other HDD/SSDs
With a DVI/HDMI cable (do not use the VGA) connected to onboard port, boot to BIOS and set iGPU to enabled and iGPU Memory to 64Mb. Save&exit, continue boot to UniBeast and install Mountain Lion. Run MultiBeast. Shutdown and reconnect other HDD/SSDs
Boot to BIOS and make the OS X HDD/SSD first in drive boot order. Save and exit, continue boot. At the Chimera screen hit a key to select Win7 to boot.

Ah yes I meant Mountain Lion. Thanks for the help! So in the summer there might be a support for HD7870?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back