hd 6850
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
hello,

i have windows 7 on my pc and i want also mac os x.

which steps should i do to install mac os x on my pc with dual boot?
whenn i start up my pc, i want a screen where you can choose mac or windows.

Ivo

ivotje10 said:
hello,

i have windows 7 on my pc and i want also mac os x.

which steps should i do to install mac os x on my pc with dual boot?
whenn i start up my pc, i want a screen where you can choose mac or windows.

Ivo

I assume you do want to keep your Windows 7 installation. Do you have a separate unused hard disk that you can use with Mac OSX?

Bumb, I also want to dual boot. In my case I do have an extra HDD I can use. Any tips?

DMinimus said:
Bumb, I also want to dual boot. In my case I do have an extra HDD I can use. Any tips?

Basically, when you are ready to install Mac OSX, disconnect the Windows HDD and connect the other HDD on which you will install Mac OSX.

After the successful installation of Mac OSX by following the tutorials here, you can then shut down the computer and reconnect the Windows HDD. Make sure that the Mac OSX HDD is the first HDD and the Windows HDD is the second in the BIOS. Then the Chimera bootloader should recognize Mac OSX and Windows 7 on both hard disks and offer you a choice when you start your computer.

Thanks for your answer.

Just another question, is it fine to use the boot order in bios to set them as 1 and 2? Or do I have to place them in specific SATA ports?

Is it perhaps possible you could help me with my other thread:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=27347

You dont have to have 2 hard drives to dual boot. I have a 1 tb hard drive, i just made sure when i installed windows to have 2 500 gb partitions. So that when i installed Mac OS X it would allow me to install it and keep my windows partition. Thats what i did and it works really well for me.

driso said:
You dont have to have 2 hard drives to dual boot. I have a 1 tb hard drive, i just made sure when i installed windows to have 2 500 gb partitions. So that when i installed Mac OS X it would allow me to install it and keep my windows partition. Thats what i did and it works really well for me.

Yes, of course you are right. But the OP wants to install Mac OSX on an existing Windows system and to have dual boot. The simplest and safest way to do that would be to get a second HDD.

Jamesbond007 said:
driso said:

Yes, of course you are right. But the OP wants to install Mac OSX on an existing Windows system and to have dual boot. The simplest and safest way to do that would be to get a second HDD.

dualbooting on the same hdd was easiest for me bro. not to mention you extra hdd can be used for storage. its simple if u need help

i have installed mac os x and dual boot with windows 7.

but now i wanted to start imovie and i get an error message because my graphic card is not compitable because it has no Quartz extreme.

how can i enable QE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back