Contribute
Register

Dual Boot Yosemite / Win7 very big issue...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI Z97 PC Mate
CPU
Core i7-4790
Graphics
GeForce GTX 760 OC Twin Frozr
Hi All,
I'm new here, thank you per advance for your help.
3 years ago I built a nice hackintosh thanks to this website. It worked perfectly until recently : Yosemite + Win7 on different drives (no SSD).
So, recently Win7 didn't want to launch correctly and freezed during launch. I tried to repair it (I'm usually not bad solving PC issues, I use them for many years now) from many different ways, no successful. And now I can no longer boot on Yosemite... I think I destroyed the Chimera boot trying to repair Win7...
I tried to boot with Iboot CD but obtained a panic and freeze.
I would be very happy if someone could save me. I hope it is possible to repair the Yosemite boot ;-)
No problem if I would lose the Win7 side but I have a lot of important things on Yosemite side...
Thank you per advance !

Cyrille

Enter the -v boot flag at the chimera screen then try to boot into Yosemite. Read the info and take a pic where it stops.

Thank you trs96 for your quick answer.
I entered the -v boot flag after using Iboot CD (because Chimera doesn't launch by its own), here is the picture :
-v_boot_flag.jpg

Hi all,
I fixed my problem of broken Chimera dual boot Yosemite / Win7 (separated disks) :
* I finaly solved the win7 boot thanks to Windows utilities, bootable USB Rescue Keys etc...
* Chimera was still not loading so I decided to reinstall Yosemite thanks to the UniBeast bootable USB key designed for the initial installation of Yosemite I still had (cf. guides), and including Yosemite package. To do that, think to not use USB3 port and to select USB-HDD (and not USB-key) in the boot sequence of your BIOS (to be sure I put USB-HDD first and USB-key second).
* to hope to not loose my datas, applications, etc, I didn't achieve a fresh installation. To do that, select the good partition of your HDD for the install (the one where "broken" OSX is still installed), without format nor erase it.
* follow standard protocol (cf. guides), then don't forget to launch MultiBeast, as if you would just achieved a fresh/new install
* in the boot sequence of your BIOS, put the good HDD first, the one were OSX is re-installed
;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back