Graphics
HD4000
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi there! I've a SSD with Lion osx and Windoz. My Lion won't boot so I decided to install Mavericks but I'd like conserve completely Windows partition and when I have installed osx to boot old Windows. It's possible or I've to install again Windows? Thank you very much.

Hi there! I've a SSD with Lion osx and Windoz. My Lion won't boot so I decided to install Mavericks but I'd like conserve completely Windows partition and when I have installed osx to boot old Windows. It's possible or I've to install again Windows? Thank you very much.

Dual boot using Chimera:
- will need to re-install Windows if on the same drive
- OS X requires GPT partitioning and if your Windows is install legacy, it is MBR
- if Windows is installed UEFI, Chimera cannot boot it
http://www.tonymacx86.com/multi-booting/96000-guide-dual-booting-mountain-lion-windows-8-a.html

Dual boot using Clover:
- you can install OS X provided the following conditions are met: EFI partitition >= 200MB, no MSR partition
- if Windows is installed legacy, you'll have to re-install unless on a separate drive (GPT issue mentioned above)
http://www.tonymacx86.com/multi-booting/133940-mavericks-windows-8-same-drive-without-erasing.html

Since you already have dual-boot-on-same-drive, just install Mavericks on the Lion partition and install Chimera again post install with MultiBeast - as long as you do not reformat the drive and don't touch the Widows partition, should boot OK.

Thank you Going Bald and RehabMan. There are some news: I can now start the new ML! I had to install FakeSMC after downloading it here (tonymacx86.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=211). But now if I try to install the new FakeSmc through Multibeast 5.5, OSX will not start.

I would then proceed with a new installation of Mavericks. Will I be able to recover data by Time Machine? What is the best way to backup my data?

Going Bald are you sure that I can start windows? Currently in the first partition of my ssd I've ML and the last Windows.
RehabMan says I can not start Windows without a new installation.

Going Bald are you sure that I can start windows? Currently in the first partition of my ssd I've ML and the last Windows.
RehabMan says I can not start Windows without a new installation.

This would be true on a new install of OS X on a drive with Windows on it. However, you already had OS X installed with Windows, so do not need to re-install.

FakeSMC by itself is not enough to boot Mavericks - you need bootloader also.
You probably will want to use MultiBeast to add audio and networking kexts for your board as well.

okay guys! Now I've Mavericks and all my old files!

The partition with Windows works! ;)

I still have some startup error that I hope to resolve soon (example: getCPUIDinfo: this is an unknown CPU model 0x3a)

I still have some startup error that I hope to resolve soon (example: getCPUIDinfo: this is an unknown CPU model 0x3a)

maybe you can help me...if I remove FakeSmc I haven't error getCPUIDinfo: this is an unknown CPU model 0x3a but Mavericks won't boot because I receive ever "ATHR: unknown locale: 69". I read many post but I can't find the solution. I've Atheros AR9280 AR5BHB92 half size mini PCI-E Wireless :(

okay guys! Now I've Mavericks and all my old files!

The partition with Windows works! ;)

This is common because your CPU is not in Apple's list of recognized CPUs, never having been installed in any model of Mac. You can ignore it as it is not an error - it is info statement only.

maybe you can help me...if I remove FakeSmc I haven't error getCPUIDinfo: this is an unknown CPU model 0x3a but Mavericks won't boot because I receive ever "ATHR: unknown locale: 69". I read many post but I can't find the solution. I've Atheros AR9280 AR5BHB92 half size mini PCI-E Wireless :(

You need some version of FakeSMC in order to boot at all. This kext injects the info normally found on the System Management Controller chip on a Mac logic board to allow your PC to fool OS X into thinking it is a Mac.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back