1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi,
I own a computer with the following spec:
Asus Asrock 775i945gz Motherboard
2 x Pentium 4 Processor 3.20 ghz (Hyper Threaded)
1.5GB DDR2 Ram (533Mhz)
Nvidia Geforce 8600GT 512MB PCI-E Video Card

I have tried to boot a Retail Snow Leopard DVD 10.6.3 using Iboot, I managed to reach the Apple Logo when I booted under ignore cache mode.
In my Bios settings I cannot find the option to enable ACHI mode but have found the setting to enable HPET.
I believe I should also point out that I have three hard drives:
- 250GB Sata hard drive running Windows 7
- 40GB IDE hard drive I use for my work
- 20GB IDE hard drive, I intend to install snow leopard on
Any help would be hugely appreciated
Thanks,
Rick

Man, that board is so old I'm not sure you can have much success, but you can try.
Also not sure you will have much luck with a Pentium D cpu. I think you need at least a Exxxx or a Qxxxx for socket 775 mobo, IIRC.

Best advice I can give you is to try with iBoot Legacy instead of iBoot.

Good luck!

I built my son's iHack based on the Asrock 775i945gz+CoreSolo420+ GMA950 years ago (make sure you use the right patch, I think it's the "945ae" one or something like that). I'm typing on it now. I've since put my old PDC 2180 in it, and a nice Samsung 22" LCD and it's pretty dam nice for a board I paid USD 25$ (shipped) for about 4 years ago!

I'm actually looking to upgrade his board now because when the PNY NVidia GT240 1GB DDR3 that he just bought goes into acceleration mode it locks up (PCIe slot is only 4x, I think that's the issue, but maybe not, will try 10.6.7 on it soon)
I think I have HPET turned off in the bios, but it seems to work fine either on/off.
Good luck.

Thanks for the replies, I have managed to get to install screen of Snow Leopard. However I received an install error with 10 minutes to go, and I couldn't view the log at the end :(. I'm gonna give it a few more tries but if you can think of anything that may minimize the problem it would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back