Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H
CPU
i7-3770K
Graphics
9500 GT
Hi!

Reading the article mention above (Title thread)

http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com.ar/2009/11/dual-boot-windows-7-and-os-x-snow.html

Everything was ok till I tried to make a selectable booter. Subject is that in last step:

Open Applications/Utilities/Terminal.
Type diskutil list
Write down the IDENTIFIER of your Apple_HFS Snow Leopard drive. For this example: disk0s2.
Type sudo -s
Enter your password.
Type fdisk -u /dev/rdisk0
Type y
Type fdisk -e /dev/rdisk0
Type p
Type f 2
Type w
Type y
Close Terminal and reboot.

When typed "p" instruction, Terminal did not recognize that command and could`t finish the task and now the booter is not running well.

There is no reference who made that article, but can anyone help me with Terminal commands to fix this problem ??

It´s very frustrating to stay in half way of anyway !!! Thank you at all ...

Hi!

Reading the article mention above (Title thread)

http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com.ar/2009/11/dual-boot-windows-7-and-os-x-snow.html

Everything was ok till I tried to make a selectable booter.

There is no reference who made that article, but can anyone help me with Terminal commands to fix this problem ??

It´s very frustrating to stay in half way of anyway !!! Thank you at all ...

You have to consider the age of the guide. If you are using the Z77 in your profile, then you need to be aware that 10.6.x will not boot this hardware from HDD - you will always have to use iBoot Ivy Bridge to boot the machine and you willl not have full functionality in the OS.
Oldest OS X that will run on your hardware is 10.7.5.

Suggest you boot to SL, download Yosemite install app from the App store, create a UniBeast USB and follow the guide at the top of this Multi Booting forum - second half is installing on same drive.
Really recommend you get a second drive and follow the first part of the guide and install on separate drives.

Thank you for your comment GB.
I actually run Yosemite (10.10.1) on my hackintosh, but as I recently partitioned a 500GB HD in 2 volumes, one to backup Mac files, and the other I installed Windows 7, the article above was (could be) a nice solution to boot from Mac or Win.

Now I have to press F2 or F12 to boot from Yosemite as it always boot from Win7.

So the problems is with Terminal commands, may be as you say, the new version of Terminal has changed and have to find out what replaced those that did not function. Any idea about that ??

Thank you again and if you have some reference I´ll appreciate it.

Thank you for your comment GB.
I actually run Yosemite (10.10.1) on my hackintosh, but as I recently partitioned a 500GB HD in 2 volumes, one to backup Mac files, and the other I installed Windows 7, the article above was (could be) a nice solution to boot from Mac or Win.

Now I have to press F2 or F12 to boot from Yosemite as it always boot from Win7.

So the problems is with Terminal commands, may be as you say, the new version of Terminal has changed and have to find out what replaced those that did not function. Any idea about that ??

Thank you again and if you have some reference I´ll appreciate it.
Don't need the terminal commands, as you don't need to set the OS X partition as active to have it boot.
Boot to OS X with UniBeast if you have to and install the Chimera boot loader again, either using MultiBeast or the stand alone installer in the Downloads.

Thank you again! I`ll give a try it. One more doubt: I have miss my .mb settings -I cannot find it at all- can I re-build my settings running Chameleon Wizard ?? Are settings that there appear when you open it what is running now or they are anyone ?

Thank you again! I`ll give a try it. One more doubt: I have miss my .mb settings -I cannot find it at all- can I re-build my settings running Chameleon Wizard ?? Are settings that there appear when you open it what is running now or they are anyone ?
In Chameleon Wizard, click on the Open button, navigate to /Extra/org.chameleon.boot.plist and select it.
Or, navigate to /Extra/org.chameleon.boot.plist and double click on it. If Chameleon Wizard is the only app able to open/edit it, this will open it. If it is not the default .plist editor, right click on the .plist and select open with and select Chameleon Wizard.

Well, I need to share this: I opened org.chameleon.boot.plist with Chameleon Wizard (Open With) and there I went to Downloads (there are 4 options) selected "Boot0md" and made two tests: I save it on present HD (250 GB), and re-start. What I get was a Hackintosh booter (without alternatives).

Then I made another setting: saving
org.chameleon.boot.plist with "Boot0md" over my 500 GB (partitioned Mac/Win) and re-start. What I get was again a Hackintosh boot. This HD has no Mac booter, It´s only a backup for Mac files and its volume is formatted as a Mac one.

So, finally, if I want to run Windows, when I boot my Hackintosh, before it ends its loading I press space bar and there appear all my booter alternatives ... Windows included, and run ok.

Thank you GB for your help and hope could be of interest of another mates! Good luck ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back