Graphics
GeForce 9400GT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
greetings...
iam not quite getting the SL - Win7 Dual Boot Guide

i have my osx installed following iBoot/MultiBeast Guide, it is up and running now
(even though iam still booting with iBoot Disc inserted)

now the Dual Boot Guide talks about Chameleon... do i have to install it first? If so, how?

i followed the guide, and set up two partitions one for osx one for win7 (FAT)

" insert win7 disc and reboot" no problem.
but the installation of windows / the Press any key to boot from CD/DVD wont show up...
my bios settings are still set up like the iBoot/MultiBeast guide...

wheres the mistake?

thank you very very much

To get the computer to boot from CD, you need to make sure you select the boot disk at startup (Usually by hitting F12 at the BIOS screen on Gigabyte boards).

Also, this page here was helpful for me in finally figuring out how to get Windows and SL working together correctly, particularly its advice about running 'sudo fdisk -u /dev/rdisk0' and then a comment about repairing the windows installation from the windows installation disk after which was necessary for me: http://osx86.sojugarden.com/2009/12/dua ... mystified/

Is there a howto for dual boot osx with linux?

thanks

xstation

F12 solved it. Maybe. Because that wasnt the only problem. My Win7 install disk is broke :crazy:
never thought about it because i used the dvd to install win on my friends pc two days ago. burned the image again at very low speed. works!

ill get a coffee now and try it again, iam still going with the guide you posted tho.

thanks for your time / replies.

Is there a howto for dual boot osx with linux?

thanks

xstation

yes. just read the guide Burninator linked in his first post above...
somewhere further down he talks about linux and osx dual boot.

thanks for pointing me to the url for dual boot with linux but he/she has not got around to doing a linux dual boot just yet

thanks
xstation :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back