Contribute
Register

Dual boot w/ H170 Odensk2-K (H170), I5-7400, RX-480, 8GB DDR4 2133mhz

Apologies, I should've made it clearer I was using Big Sur earlier. I've taken this .kext, reconfigured config.plist with clean snapshot (and copied over to my config.plist), and no matter what combination I used it just does not work. I replaced Airportitwlm with the standard version, installed Heliport (I can't use SecureBootModel because it breaks boot up) and it still isn't working. I can't think of anything else to try?

I've attached my config.plist, this is in the order ProperTree suggested with Clean Snapshot.

Attachments

• configCOPY.plist
    24 KB · Views: 11
You need to order the kexts in your config.plist so that Lilu.kext and VirtualSMC.kext are first and second respectively in the Kernel > Add section.

Screenshot 2023-09-29 at 15.15.33.png Recommended OC Kernel > Add kext order.

Having the Bluetooth kexts injected before Lilu.kext, as it she case in your config, means they won't be loaded and your Bluetooth won't work.

Screenshot 2023-09-29 at 15.16.25.png Your current OC Kernel > Add kext order

I assume you are placing the Bluetooth kexts higher in the Add section order on purpose to try to help with your Bluetooth issues, but you are actually doing the opposite by rearranging the order of the kexts.

If you look at the order of the kexts in any of the EFI folders I have provided Lilu & VirtualSMC are always first and second in the Kernel > Add section. As without Lilu.kext being loaded first, any plugins relying on this kext won't load correctly, if they are injected before Lilu.kext.

Back