GeForce 570
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hey guys,
I'm about to start working on a build, and originally, I was planning on dual booting OS X and Windows 7, but I have also thought about virtualization. I would mainly be using the Windows side for gaming and a couple other applications that are Windows-only. I'm planning on doing the build with an overclocked i7-2600k and a nice video card, so I am wondering if I would be able to run a VM Windows 7 and still be able to achieve gaming performance.

On a second note, I am planning to do my build with RAID 0 and I am wondering if it would be better to do it via hardware or software.

Dual booting with dedicated HDDs would clearly be my choice.

On the other hand VMWare for OSX does pretty much everything I can think of. Alas, Iam no gamer.
If you should go for VM, you might be better off with a OSX host and a Windows7 guest, as virtualization of OSX on a Win7 host does not seem to be fully supported and will sure have some caveats e.g. bad mouse movement.
Ask yourself which sofware you will want to use.
Then choose your OS.
Then choose the hardware. :)

For gaming, dual boot.
If you just want to run Windows programs, without leaving OSX, (or cut and paste between them), do virtualization.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back