Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
GTX 750 Ti
So, this is my first built. I've installed with success Lion with the UniBeast guide on my main SSD. I've been using it for over a week.

I've partitioned my HDD in two: One for data, the other for eventual install of Windows 7.

Is there a guide for dual boot, after UniBeast install? Should I have used a different guide? Where does Chameleon comes in? When do I install Windows 7?

Help...

If I'm not in the right board, sorry...

Thanks for the help!

Are you planning on doing installing windows on a second drive? From all the documents, post and research I've read, that is the best practice.

pmaly said:
So, this is my first built. I've installed with success Lion with the UniBeast guide on my main SSD. I've been using it for over a week.

I've partitioned my HDD in two: One for data, the other for eventual install of Windows 7.

Is there a guide for dual boot, after UniBeast install? Should I have used a different guide? Where does Chameleon comes in? When do I install Windows 7?

Help...

Thanks for the help!

Are you now able to boot Mac OSX from the hard drive without using the UniBeast stick?

If so, when you are ready to install Windows 7, disconnect the Mac hard disk and just go on to install Windows 7 on the other hard drive.

After Windows 7 is successfully installed and confirmed working, reconnect the Mac hard drive and configure the BIOS to boot from the Mac hard drive first. Then Chimera should offer you the choice of Mac OSX and Windows 7 at boot.

Jamesbond007 said:
pmaly said:

Help...

Thanks for the help!

Are you now able to boot Mac OSX from the hard drive without using the UniBeast stick?

If so, when you are ready to install Windows 7, disconnect the Mac hard disk and just go on to install Windows 7 on the other hard drive.

After Windows 7 is successfully installed and confirmed working, reconnect the Mac hard drive and configure the BIOS to boot from the Mac hard drive first. Then Chimera should offer you the choice of Mac OSX and Windows 7 at boot.

Nice! Yes, I have been using OSX Lion, without the UniBeast stick. And yes, Windows 7 will be installed on a separe HDD.

My config is OSX Lion, on my main SSD and Windows 7 + Data on secondary HHD.

Thanks again!

UPDATE: I've been using Jamesbond007 install advice and I've been using dual boot ever since. No problems yet! :thumbup:

Jamesbond007 said:
pmaly said:

Help...

Thanks for the help!

I did this, but now when i try to boot my mac drive it says "reboot and select proper boot device"

what have i done wrong?

Sorry to hijack this thread, but it looks like you've got your question solved and will just sneak in here instead of starting a new thread.

I am building a computer for my dad, he'd like Windows to be his main system, and OSX just for fun.

I was going to split a 120 GB ssd for the OS's, and use a HDD for storage.

Why is it best practice to install them two separate drives?

If I want windows to be the main system, do I still need to install Lion, then Windows, then reinstall chimera? Or can I do windows first?

Thanks!

jettrue said:
Sorry to hijack this thread, but it looks like you've got your question solved and will just sneak in here instead of starting a new thread.

I am building a computer for my dad, he'd like Windows to be his main system, and OSX just for fun.

I was going to split a 120 GB ssd for the OS's, and use a HDD for storage.

Why is it best practice to install them two separate drives?

If I want windows to be the main system, do I still need to install Lion, then Windows, then reinstall chimera? Or can I do windows first?

Thanks!

READ this...

Single/Dual/Triple Booting Guide on one or separate HDDs/SSDs by GoingBald

viewtopic.php?f=81&t=20872

jester969 said:
READ this...

Single/Dual/Triple Booting Guide on one or separate HDDs/SSDs by GoingBald

viewtopic.php?f=81&t=20872

Thanks, that helps. I'm trying to decide how to proceed. I wanted to have both OS's on the SSD so he can enjoy the speed on both, but since I think he'll mostly use windows, I think I'll do separate drives, and let Windows have the full 120GB of the SSD. Then I'll partition the HDD for OSX and extra storage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back