i7-6700K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
So I've begun creating a single dual boot drive with my UEFI Hackintosh. But I have run into a problem along the way and I have searched here trying to find an answer and none have worked. ANY help would be appreciated! I have detailed my steps so far:

Created a bootable USB using Rufus
I have created a partition (100gb)on my SSD as a GUID partition for Win10
Entered Win10 setup and gotten to the partition selection screen
Found corresponding partition and followed the guide on how to proceed from there
Next I get the message "We couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing one."

Fixes I have tried so far:
Unplugging everything except destination SSD and Bootable drive
Setting the boot order to the SSD first then manually boot with USB
Unplugging my USB at the error message refreshing, reinserting USB then refreshing again
Tried USB3.0 vs USB2.0
Praying to the computer gods...yes I tried it:banghead:

Your guide was the one I used to do this. I followed it to the T but I still get the "We couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing one" message when I'm trying to select the partition to put it on.

Me too.

Just fixed it. I had to remove all external drives.

You can get this error if you put USB on top of HDD in BIOS boot priority. To solve this issue, just change boot priorities so that your hard drive goes first, restart and as computer is rebooting, press F12 (or TAB) to load the quick boot menu and selected your USB device. After that, you can install Windows like normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back