Dual boot problem Windows, OS X ML

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hey, I installed my dual-boot, and just finished reinstalling chimera because of Windows. Now Chimera isn't showing my Windows NTFS partition, only my Mac HD and my transfer partition.
{EDIT} Mac can't mount it, and it only shows up as disk0s4

Hey, I installed my dual-boot, and just finished reinstalling chimera because of Windows. Now Chimera isn't showing my Windows NTFS partition, only my Mac HD and my transfer partition.
{EDIT} Mac can't mount it, and it only shows up as disk0s4

Did you follow my multi-boot guide? See link to blog in signature.

I'm cloning my old Windows partition to the new drive. My Mac partition is already cloned.

I'm cloning my old Windows partition to the new drive. My Mac partition is already cloned.

Your cloning software probably does not clone the PBR (partition boot record). You can fix that by using bootsect in the WinRE (Windows Recovery Environment; boot Windows installer, and hit Shift+F10). You will probably also have to fix the BCD files using BCDEDIT in the WinRE as the partition UIDs will have changed.

Okay, Rehabman, I followed the guide on your blog, except for having a bigger HDD and not installing Windows 8. Mac and Ubuntu work flawlessly, but after installing drivers from HP, rebooting Windows 7 gave me a very basic font, and none of the "Libraries" exist. They show up in Explorer and the start menu, but have basic icons and don't work. Also, in that boot it wanted to run the CHKDSK. I ran it on the next boot and it fixed a lot of stuff. I am going to reinstall Windows. Also, my unsupported WiFi adapter has stopped working. :cry: Mac, Windows, and Ubuntu all recognize it, but Mac won't show any networks using my old method, Windows won't turn the adapter on, and Ubuntu can't turn it on. I'm considering the official adapter from HP. It's ~$23.

Okay, Rehabman, I followed the guide on your blog, except for having a bigger HDD and not installing Windows 8. Mac and Ubuntu work flawlessly, but after installing drivers from HP, rebooting Windows 7 gave me a very basic font, and none of the "Libraries" exist. They show up in Explorer and the start menu, but have basic icons and don't work. Also, in that boot it wanted to run the CHKDSK. I ran it on the next boot and it fixed a lot of stuff. I am going to reinstall Windows. Also, my unsupported WiFi adapter has stopped working. :cry: Mac, Windows, and Ubuntu all recognize it, but Mac won't show any networks using my old method, Windows won't turn the adapter on, and Ubuntu can't turn it on. I'm considering the official adapter from HP. It's ~$23.

If you have a non-whitelist adapter, then you need to install the hacked Fanreset.dylib to /Extra/modules/Fanreset.dylib.

See: https://code.google.com/p/hp-probook-4x30s-fan-reset/downloads/list

I would recommend buying one that passes the whitelist though... less hassle, and for me the error/delay at BIOS would drive me crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back