Contribute
Register

dual boot os x el capitan on a pc already running windows 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
few months ago i can dual boot yosemite and windows in clover legacy..

hi, this is my firs post, i've read from first page, buat i'm not sure with my pc

this is my pc disk managemen and msinfo32
Screenshot_1.jpg
Screenshot_2.jpg

MB: MSI H110M - PRO VH
CPU: Core i5 6400 skylake
VGA: NVidia 950

Ca i still install OSX? my pc is already have windows 10 installed, and i want to install OSX in single SSD
what should i do?

hi, this is my firs post, i've read from first page, buat i'm not sure with my pc

this is my pc disk managemen and msinfo32
View attachment 216371
View attachment 216372

MB: MSI H110M - PRO VH
CPU: Core i5 6400 skylake
VGA: NVidia 950

Ca i still install OSX? my pc is already have windows 10 installed, and i want to install OSX in single SSD
what should i do?
So, you have Windows in UEFI mode. Whether you can now add OS X to the same SSD depends on the size of the EFI partition. Open the Windows disk management tool and look at your drive partitioning structure and post pic. Is the EFI partition 200MB or larger?

So, you have Windows in UEFI mode. Whether you can now add OS X to the same SSD depends on the size of the EFI partition. Open the Windows disk management tool and look at your drive partitioning structure and post pic. Is the EFI partition 200MB or larger?
its only 100MB.

its only 100MB.
too bad - OS X requires 200MB or more. What you can do if you have some good 3rd party disk management apps or are good with diskpart is to determine tha amount of space actually used on the recovery partition, and if it has at least 140MB free, then shrink the partition by 100MB and then extend your EFI partition to include that space.
How you do this is up to you. Either that, or re-install Windows. When you re-install Windows, if you decide to go that route, use diskpart to "clean" the drive, convert gpt and create an EFI partition at least 300MB in size, formatted FAT32. Install Windows in the remaining free space. You will lose your OEM recovery partition in this process.

too bad - OS X requires 200MB or more. What you can do if you have some good 3rd party disk management apps or are good with diskpart is to determine tha amount of space actually used on the recovery partition, and if it has at least 140MB free, then shrink the partition by 100MB and then extend your EFI partition to include that space.
How you do this is up to you. Either that, or re-install Windows. When you re-install Windows, if you decide to go that route, use diskpart to "clean" the drive, convert gpt and create an EFI partition at least 300MB in size, formatted FAT32. Install Windows in the remaining free space. You will lose your OEM recovery partition in this process.
i'll try to extend EFI partition, maybe this afternoon. thx @Going Bald

hey m boot use drive in el capital but install time only show black screen

Hi Everybody,

I faced same problem, my pc is HP Elitedesk 800 G2 SFF. I follow guideline of Unibeast, after booting from USB, it goes to very first booting screen where i can see Apple logo with progress bar, the progress bar only reach around 30% then PC got restart. Do I need to modify anything for booting ? Anyone can help me ...

My pc has Windows 10 installed already, PC spec is:

Intel® Core™ i7-6700 with Intel HD Graphics 530, 16GBs DDR4 ram

Thanks

Check this guide:
https://github.com/sakoula/hackintosh.hp.800.g2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back