Graphics
Sapphire Radeon HD5450
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I previously had dual boot windows 7 and Mountian lion up and running well. However, now that I have upgraded to windows 8, it no longer boots into the chameleon page. The only things the shows up is a black screen with a blinking cursor.I need to use the unibeast usb everytime i want to boot. Things that I have tried is is command prompt
diskpart
list disk
select disk 0
list partition
select partition 2(apple hfs+ partition, partition one being the efi partition)
active
exit
Help please!!

I previously had dual boot windows 7 and Mountian lion up and running well. However, now that I have upgraded to windows 8, it no longer boots into the chameleon page. The only things the shows up is a black screen with a blinking cursor.I need to use the unibeast usb everytime i want to boot. Things that I have tried is is command prompt
diskpart
list disk
select disk 0
list partition
select partition 2(apple hfs+ partition, partition one being the efi partition)
active
exit
Help please!!

Is this on one drive or two separate drives?

If one drive, Win8 security might have the MBR tables locked when you boot the drive and is not allowing you to install Chimera on the drive boot sector. You might need to clone OS X to a partition on a separate drive, boot the clone and re-install Chimera from the clone onto your HDD.

It is one drive. cant i just install chameleon onto the apple hfs partition and boot from there first?

It is one drive. cant i just install chameleon onto the apple hfs partition and boot from there first?

You can try it, but like I said, Win8 likes to overwrite the boot sector and then "protect" it to prevent "corruption" of the boot sector. This is fine if only Win8 is installed on the drive, but not so good if sharing the drive with another OS.

ok...sorry for being new at this, but how do I re-install Chimera from the clone onto the HDD?

I FIXEEDD IT by
sudo fdisk -e /dev/rdisk0
flag 2
write
exit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back