Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z87MX-D3H
CPU
i7-4770K
Graphics
GTX 770
Hi!

I have one ssd for osx, and a 2tb hdd for storage and for windows 7.
Wich guide shakk i follow?

Thanks!

two question, i need to partition the 2tb hdd on 1part of 250gb for windows and the rest for osx storage.
I can't find in the guide a way to do this, maybe i have to connect both ssd and hdd, format the 2tb with osx disk management and then, disconnect the ssd and start installing win 7?

i need to install win via usb because i don't have a dvd drive on my hackintosh, it's ok?

two question, i need to partition the 2tb hdd on 1part of 250gb for windows and the rest for osx storage.
I can't find in the guide a way to do this, maybe i have to connect both ssd and hdd, format the 2tb with osx disk management and then, disconnect the ssd and start installing win 7?

i need to install win via usb because i don't have a dvd drive on my hackintosh, it's ok?
Partitioning and formatting the 2Tb HDD depends on what you want to do with the remaining 1.75Tb of the drive. If all 1.75Tb is for OS X storage, then use the OS X Disk Utility to format and partition the HDD, or use your favorite 3rd party disk management tool to do it with - gparted, for example does a good job.
Treat it as if you were going to install OS X on the drive with Win7 - see the second part of the earlier link I posted. Format with GUID partition tables, format the 250Gb partition for Win7 as MSDOS FAT, format the rest as OS X Extended (journaled). Then in the Win7 installer, select the 250Gb partition, click on advanced button, click on format button, then continue the install.
Installing Windows via USB is easy - just follow procedure http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/html/pbPage.Help_Win7_usbdvd_dwnTool to create your Windows USB installer. Boot with the USB selected as the boot device and install.

thank you mate :)

Partitioning and formatting the 2Tb HDD depends on what you want to do with the remaining 1.75Tb of the drive. If all 1.75Tb is for OS X storage, then use the OS X Disk Utility to format and partition the HDD, or use your favorite 3rd party disk management tool to do it with - gparted, for example does a good job.
Treat it as if you were going to install OS X on the drive with Win7 - see the second part of the earlier link I posted. Format with GUID partition tables, format the 250Gb partition for Win7 as MSDOS FAT, format the rest as OS X Extended (journaled). Then in the Win7 installer, select the 250Gb partition, click on advanced button, click on format button, then continue the install.
Installing Windows via USB is easy - just follow procedure http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/html/pbPage.Help_Win7_usbdvd_dwnTool to create your Windows USB installer. Boot with the USB selected as the boot device and install.

PS: "Disconnect all drives except the Windows 8 drive-to-be.
When you boot Win8 install DVD on a UEFI BIOS mainboard, Win8 wants to install UEFI. Unfortunately, if it does this Chimera/Chameleon can't "see" the boot files. There are at least 2 ways to prevent this. One way, when you boot with the install DVD in the tray, hit F8/F11/F12 or whatever the Function key is that allows you to select a boot device during the BIOS POST. You will find that your DVD shows up twice - once as SATA and once as UEFI. Choose the SATA. "

i'll see the same thing for the boot via usb? the usb will shows up twice as SATA and UEFI?

PS: "Disconnect all drives except the Windows 8 drive-to-be.
When you boot Win8 install DVD on a UEFI BIOS mainboard, Win8 wants to install UEFI. Unfortunately, if it does this Chimera/Chameleon can't "see" the boot files. There are at least 2 ways to prevent this. One way, when you boot with the install DVD in the tray, hit F8/F11/F12 or whatever the Function key is that allows you to select a boot device during the BIOS POST. You will find that your DVD shows up twice - once as SATA and once as UEFI. Choose the SATA. "

i'll see the same thing for the boot via usb? the usb will shows up twice as SATA and UEFI?

IIRC it does. The ISO you download and put on the USB is the same as you would burn to DVD, so should act the same. If you want to ensure it does not install UEFI, disable that boot function in your BIOS - make it Legacy Boot only when you install Win8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back